090 090G Carbs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

250R

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm in the process of rebuilding the carb on my 090G. The carb is a HL-244. While looking for the kit I came across a HL-324. I can't find what the difference is between the carbs and if I have the right carb on the saw. Am I correct that the 244 is only used on the 090 and the 324 on the 090G?

As long as it's an HL carb you should be fine. The different numbers refers to different choke set ups, different H/L locations, whether there is a stud in the top etc.

My 090 carb is the exact same as the carb in my Mcculloch super 250, an HL. The 090 has the H/L jets in front and the 250 has side adjust jets and a stud for the cover in the top.

As long as you can hook up the coke, governor, and can access the jets, you should be fine.

I'm in the process of rebuilding the carb on my 090G. The carb is a HL-244. While looking for the kit I came across a HL-324. I can't find what the difference is between the carbs and if I have the right carb on the saw. Am I correct that the 244 is only used on the 090 and the 324 on the 090G?
I'm just east of Cherry Hill if you get jammed up with it.

Back