090 milling set up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatsnext

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Everything you need to go milling. 090 direct drive with nicely made Alaska mill. The GB bar has a .325 nose and the Stihl is currently equiped with a .
325 rim. The handle has been cut down down so it is now more of a half wrap. I only have one dog. What's not pictured is two .325 chains, one .375 chain for the roller nose bar, and a new in the bag clutch assy for the Stihl. In the picture you can see how the original side cover has been cut all away for chip clearance so you get a new side cover in the event you want to do some felling or bucking. The only thing I would think you would need would be the hardware to attach the handle and perhaps a longer pull rope. Maybe a new plug wire plug clip would not hurt. You'll need a .375 rim to run the roller nose bar. The saw runs like a top but I got hit by a car while walking accross a parking lot and during my rehab I lost access to all the cherry logs I was going to mill. The overall length of the roller nose bar is 53" and the GB is 46".
$550 plus freight to you.

you interested in just selling the mill by itself? Maybe with the rollernose bar. I have too many saws to justify another. lol

I just got a PM from Tom so if he decides he wants it you can ask him to part it out. If he doesn't take it I'd consider offers on the parts and long as there is enough to make a complete saw to sell after everyone get's what they want.
Thanks, John..

OK, it looks like Tom is taking it all. Contact him for parts or just wait until he posts items.
John..

Yeah, my wife takes a day off and it arrives. You should have seen her face. I lost 25 pounds that day, now I could stand to lose some more, but that's another story. Moral of the story. Make sure your wife is not taking the day off if you order something she doesn't know about and/or you can't hide it immediately in the garage.

hiding from the wife

thompson1600 said:
Yeah, my wife takes a day off and it arrives. You should have seen her face. I lost 25 pounds that day, now I could stand to lose some more, but that's another story. Moral of the story. Make sure your wife is not taking the day off if you order something she doesn't know about and/or you can't hide it immediately in the garage.

Im sure glad to hear other people hide from the wife. I never ship anything to my house it goes to my buss.

:angry: What really pisses them off is when two saws arrive on the same day. I finally own at least one saw of every color now so they are easyier to sneak out to the shop. All I have to do is make it past the house and I'm home free. She cant tell the diff between a Pro Mac and a poulan

Back