• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 090 Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackrabbit

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I took this saw on trade for doing a job a few years ago. At the time, I didn't know much about it. A friend who is an active chainsaw junkie and participant on this forum cleaned it up and got it running very well. It had sat for many years. The saw doesn't appear to ever have been used by a professional crew and is in super shape for it's age. I have ran it a few hours and it is pretty cool. I bought a new 36" 404 bar for it, the chain that is on it is really good and there are two new Stihl chains to go with it. One is two links longer than the other and I can't remember which one the saw needs. Regardless, the powerhead, the bar, and all three chains go with it. I don't really know what it is worth, but I will start at 2,000 plus shipping. If someone is interested, make me an offer. I would also take a Lewis winch plus a little extra on trade. Thank you! Pictures will follow

Being new to the forum and selling an expensive saw right away is gonna be a tough sell. Lots of folks have been burned by new sellers unless a credible member can vouch for them. The folks are gonna want pictures of the saw as well as the piston, maybe a video of it running too. Is it an AV model, early or late, is it a G model, are gonna be questions too. Best of luck with the sale.

I took this saw on trade for doing a job a few years ago. At the time, I didn't know much about it. A friend who is an active chainsaw junkie and participant on this forum cleaned it up and got it running very well. It had sat for many years. The saw doesn't appear to ever have been used by a professional crew and is in super shape for it's age. I have ran it a few hours and it is pretty cool. I bought a new 36" 404 bar for it, the chain that is on it is really good and there are two new Stihl chains to go with it. One is two links longer than the other and I can't remember which one the saw needs. Regardless, the powerhead, the bar, and all three chains go with it. I don't really know what it is worth, but I will start at 2,000 plus shipping. If someone is interested, make me an offer. I would also take a Lewis winch plus a little extra on trade. Thank you! Pictures will follow

Is this a G version or the AV version? I'm in Cheyenne so not far from you.

I can't say as I know. The saw only says Stihl 090 on the top of it and on the starter cover it has the Stihl emblem. I am having problems getting pictures posted, but if you will message me your email or cell number I will send over some pics. If you are interested, let me know and we can meet up. I'll make you a good deal.
Thank you! Cody

We have someone interested in the saw and he is coming to look at it. He has first rights so the sale is on hold till he gets to look at it. Will let everyone know if he takes it or not.
Thanks, Cody

Back