095 vs. 041 bar mounts question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ-8_Jim

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi - I'm a newbie... did a search first, but couldn't find an answer.

Oregon tech told me that 095 and 041 bar mounts are the same with one exception: the 095 has oiling holes drilled in the bar and the 041 oils via the bar groove

So, does that mean they are not interchangeable?

OR, assuming everything else matches (sprocket and chain) can I get away with using a bar-groove-oiling-mechanism on a saw designed to for a bar with hole-drilled-oiling-mechanisim?

What I was hoping to do was buy a new saw (e.g., Husqvarna 445 uses the 095 mount) with a 18" bar and then for those rare times when I want to use a 20" bar, I could use the left over 041 20" bar and new chains I still have from a prior saw.

I was thinking I could do this because with the exception of the 095 mount, the Husqvarna 445 uses the same chain. (Naturally, I would make sure I have a .325 sprocket).

Thanks for your feedback,
Jim

They are both 8.2mm. The 041 oils through the adjuster hole instead of a drilled seperate hole. If you filed the adjuster hole up through to the bar rails on a 095 it should work on a 041 application.

Old thread but I need an answer. Just picked up a Shindaiwa 377, Oregon site states a K041 bar. Can I use a K095 bar instead? Thanks.

In the future, just be aware that 041 bars are extremely inexpensive and usually can be found on clearance. Versus the 095 bars usually being more expensive. But if you got it to work, that's all that matters.

I couldn’t find a K041 .325 16” bar anywhere that was affordable. Did find a special on a K095 .325 bar and Oregon chain for $21 shipped.
In the future, just be aware that 041 bars are extremely inexpensive and usually can be found on clearance. Versus the 095 bars usually being more expensive. But if you got it to work, that's all that matters.

View attachment 673383 Yes, you need to modify the chain adjuster hole, a chain file works good.
I've got a Dolmar PS421 that I love except for the OEM bar, which I swapped onto a neighbor's small Husky that had a toasted bar. OEM bar is A041 mount. Oregon offers a Double Guard 16 inch A041 mount, single rivet, narrow nose bar in 3/8 LP 0.50 gauge I want to go to a .325 set up. Oregon offers a 16 inch, 0.325 SpeedCut with K095 mount. So now I just need to find the 0.325 sprocket. I'm having a difficult time finding that sprocket. I would appreciate some guidance and suggestions to find it. Sure would like to go to a rim set up but that may be too much to ask. Likely will need a crossover This One Will Work solution.

I've got a Dolmar PS421 that I love except for the OEM bar, which I swapped onto a neighbor's small Husky that had a toasted bar. OEM bar is A041 mount. Oregon offers a Double Guard 16 inch A041 mount, single rivet, narrow nose bar in 3/8 LP 0.50 gauge I want to go to a .325 set up. Oregon offers a 16 inch, 0.325 SpeedCut with K095 mount. So now I just need to find the 0.325 sprocket. I'm having a difficult time finding that sprocket. I would appreciate some guidance and suggestions to find it. Sure would like to go to a rim set up but that may be too much to ask. Likely will need a crossover This One Will Work solution.
I modify similar to that speedcut k095 mount bar by making a notch from the oil input hole towards the center slot. It intersects the oil passage then. Sure a bit more forward but the slot of the ps421 is long enough. That saw does not seem to need the unused adjuster plugged but some other ones the oil might escape through the clutch cover. The adjuster hole is a bit more central with the 095.

As for getting into the rim drive. It was commonly discussed here a number of years ago. I got the parts. I believe it is just the clutch drum from the 50cc saw and a small very thin 0.02mm washer that goes on the crank end next to the clutch. I don't know why they only show a spur for .325 on the parts sheet.

I modify similar to that speedcut k095 mount bar by making a notch from the oil input hole towards the center slot. It intersects the oil passage then. Sure a bit more forward but the slot of the ps421 is long enough. That saw does not seem to need the unused adjuster plugged but some other ones the oil might escape through the clutch cover. The adjuster hole is a bit more central with the 095.

As for getting into the rim drive. It was commonly discussed here a number of years ago. I got the parts. I believe it is just the clutch drum from the 50cc saw and a small very thin 0.02mm washer that goes on the crank end next to the clutch. I don't know why they only show a spur for .325 on the parts sheet.
Thank you for the reply. Can I work with you directly to get the parts for the rim drive?

Back