10 Years...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks a lot guys!! It has been a fun time here. I've stuck my nose in some places maybe it didn't belong, said some stuff I should have kept to myself, and on occasion been a total smartass. All in all I've had a great time talking saws with a group of like minded enthusiasts.

:cheers:

As July draws to a close it dawns on me, I joined ArboristSite ten years ago this month.

Here's to the next ten!

;)

Wouldnt it be kind of fun to post a pic of yourself in the archives when you join. Then another one at the 5, 10 then 20 year mark. Then again it would just reinforce the fact we are getting older. And generally not better. Best leave it like it is. Congrats on the 10 year mark. Heres to another 10.:):):):):):)

Man this is interesting to me, 10 years ago you must have been really searching to stumble across this place, honestly you guys were ahead of your time. when was it developed???? And what bothers me is to see all these people from years past who used to be so diehard into posting and now they have not been on here in years??? where are they going?

Man this is interesting to me, 10 years ago you must have been really searching to stumble across this place, honestly you guys were ahead of your time. when was it developed???? And what bothers me is to see all these people from years past who used to be so diehard into posting and now they have not been on here in years??? where are they going?

LOL! I bet the only reason I didn't find this place earlier was that in 2001 I was deep into squaring away the mods to my ZRX1100. In 2002 I bought my SP125C and found AS while searching the web for info on that saw.

Many folks get worn out with the squabbling, back biting, and the droning repetition of what size bar for my Farm Boss questions. You just have to let Yin and Yang do their thing.

As July draws to a close it dawns on me, I joined ArboristSite ten years ago this month.

Here's to the next ten!

;)
10 years ago was about when I started reading here. Read close to a year before posting.:cheers:

I remember jokers and dozerdan and hitecredneck and rotax robert and art martin and glens and tundraotto and stihltec and a few others from that time period which I've forgotten their names.

10 years ago was about when I started reading here. ......I remember jokers and dozerdan and hitecredneck and rotax robert and art martin and glens and tundraotto and stihltec and a few others from that time period which I've forgotten their names.

A few others

django, RockyJsquirrel, MarkyMark

Last edited:
Only a handful of you guys around--JJ, Bill G, John Sanborn from the climbing forum, and a few others.

Myself, I'm over 9 years. Post count doesn't reflect it, though.

Chris B.

I passed the 10 year mark just a few months ago but it sure seems like many moons ago when I joined, I will say it was a different site back then but you know that because you have been here just about as long as I have. I have enjoyed the good natured ribbing that has went with the site but the stupid piss'' matches. What I have enjoyed the most was meeting some of the good folks like you. The problem is you NW Indiana guys need to get off your hind ends and host another GTG:):)

Bill

Since we are talking about old times here I ask how many of you remember one of the first big controversies here???????????? It got to be a real nasty thread.

Bill

10 years ago was about when I started reading here. Read close to a year before posting.:cheers:

I remember jokers and dozerdan and hitecredneck and rotax robert and art martin and glens and tundraotto and stihltec and a few others from that time period which I've forgotten their names.

A few others

django, RockyJsquirrel, MarkyMark

I remember most of those, even though I joined a bit later.....

A few more of the guys from the early days are sedanman, rahtreelimbs, MasterBlaster, and rbtree. There are countless others I might remember later.

On a side note I wonder if ole MasterBlaster is still smooooooking......

Bill

I remember all those guys. I was such a newb, but I liked reading the posts by guys like Gypo and others that would crack me up. I know there have been some major pissing matches on here. I knew it would happen right from the start. The first post I ever made on AS got me tangled up in a squabble over pistons. It didn't help that the guy I got into it with was increasing his own ethanol content at liberty;). It I really funny when I find one of my old posts and think,"I said that?"

Back