$1000 for cleanup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowersTree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Would you clean this up for $1000. Their adjuster said it should be no problem.

17 trees in all. 7 on house. The guy in the pic standing on the trunk is 6'3 250lbs.

P1011301.jpg

P1011300.jpg

P1011299.jpg

P1011298.jpg

LMAO , I wouldnt touch it for that amount. :hmm3grin2orange:

Lets see, no hazards, no snags, no WAY anything else could be damaged. Looks really easy to me!!

I am not experianced enough that I would even touch it!!! I think 1k should be enough for someone to SHOW UP with the proper training and equipment to PROPERLY bid it!!!! What a moron!!!!

The adjusters nuts...
I say let the adjuster clean it up.
Maybe he'll have a better idea what it's like the next he makes an assesment.
Obviously he has no idea whats involved.

( But I work alone. And don't have a chipper.
And no stump grinder either. Old and tired besides.
Therefore $1000.00 for a months worth
of hard labor isn't worth it to me.)

Hey, look at me in my avatar, do I look in shape ???

:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Add on a extra 0...then we can talk..

Personal opinion...

Ok myabe not 10k...but 1,000....common now...haha

good luck

haha.. $58 per tree... no worries :bang:

I reckon you could do the job for $1000, hire a 20 ton excavator for the day and push EVERYTHING into a burn pile :laugh:

But I assume they want the house left standing ? ;)

Cheers

Ian

by the looks of it i'd say $5-8k

i'm sure it looks different in person.

maybe the adjuster can recommend someone.

i know a lot of times in a severe storm situation,the insurance companies pull adjusters from other fields to go out and work.my buddy works for a big insurance company doing auto adjusting and they sent him down to florida during hurricane charlie to adjust anything and everything.from homes to airplanes.he said he just had to guess alot and he is an excellent auto adjuster.they flew planes full of adjusters down there for that storm.flew them out when they thought another was coming and flew them all back again after.sounds like they are as efficient as the government.

Yikes! Hm, crane job, then 20-25$hr plus gas and travel etc. to buck it up? Nope, 1k ain't gonna do it, not even close imho. This sort of reminds me of a post a while back about a 'monster' tree (the one with the acid sap), wonder how that one came out.

:cheers:

This should probably be moved to the joke and funny picture forum.
Seriously, I have no idea what the local labor rate charges in that area but I can't see how any insurance adjuster could put that price on that job.

Not no,but hell no! Well if he was willing I would clean it up
for a dime or whatever matches cost nowdays!
I have a grapple truck and I would not consider it for less than
5k and that would depend on if timber was salvageable.
That is insurance take your money but pay nothing, an
adjusters job is to break it off in you, so don't surprise me.
I wish we could make the nit wit clean it up!
I would tell him I would do it for the thousand if he would drag
and load the brush while I watched.

Last edited:
I'd have to look at it in person but with the proper equipment it would't be too bad. My equipment list for that job would be...
(1) cat 325 excavator w/ thumb or simular equivelant
(1) 18" or larger whole tree chipper w/ grapple feed
(2) skilled saw operators to assist above machines
(1) small wheel loader or large skid steer w/ grapple to help move stuff

Give me a day with a crew like that, and if it isn't done, it will have a huge dent in it.
I'm unsure of costs for the large chipper, but I can get the other equipment w/ operators and the sawyers for $ 2,500 per day.

:chainsawguy: :greenchainsaw: :chainsaw:

I'd have to look at it in person but with the proper equipment it would't be too bad. My equipment list for that job would be...
(1) cat 325 excavator w/ thumb or simular equivelant
(1) 18" or larger whole tree chipper w/ grapple feed
(2) skilled saw operators to assist above machines
(1) small wheel loader or large skid steer w/ grapple to help move stuff

Give me a day with a crew like that, and if it isn't done, it will have a huge dent in it.
I'm unsure of costs for the large chipper, but I can get the other equipment w/ operators and the sawyers for $ 2,500 per day.

:chainsawguy: :greenchainsaw: :chainsaw:
Sounds a heck of a lot more sensible than the laughable estimate imho.

The crane is 150/hr portal to portal, so I'd say it would be around $700 for that.

Three man crew to chip @ 75/mhr if I'm not at storm rates

I would contest the adjusters arbitrary amount.

My question would be "would you want the company who would do it for that little, will you pay for the additional damage they cause?"

Thats dam near a day of crane work minus the actual clean up and haul. My crane guy usually charges me $1200 for a day of work. Now lets look at haul rates and dumping fees (if necessary). I would estimate about 6-8 loads of stuff (chips & logs), lets be nice and say $225/ load. That comes out to be $1350 on the low end. Now lets factor in labor costs including workman's comp for 3 guys, $450 or so. How about the stumps?? $75 - $100 bucks a piece. Factor in a profit percentage and your are WAY over a thousand dollars. A fair price would be six thousand, but depending on the different costs and labor rates up there you could go as high as eight thousand to make a decent profit. good luck.

Back