11/14 -15 Weekend Report - What did you do ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday I burnt a house down. Actually put it out but it was relit, so I put it out again. Then it was relit again so I put it back out. This went on all day until it was a pile of embers. :blob2:

Rained most of the weekend. Spent it inside with the girlfriend. Use your imagination.

Sunday went with her to my grandparents' 60th wedding aniversary.

Wow! I haven't seen Sunfish like that in years. Nothing like catching a bunch of them for a great meal. Those would be great smoked.

I'd be buying my wood too if I could spend a day on the lake and a great time like that.

Great catch and nice pictures. :clap:

I see your located east central Mn.
If you can make it over to Palisade...I could introduce you to these bulls and cows!
I've had a few guys out that have caught personal bests...it's a riot with UL rigs.
They been running 9.5 to 11 inches.
openwater091588.jpg

openwater091465-1.jpg

openwater091509.jpg

biggill5.jpg

Last edited:
If you can make it over to Palisade...I could introduce you to these bulls and cows!
I've had a few guys out that have caught personal bests...it's a riot with UL rigs.
They been running 9.5 to 11 inches.QUOTE]

Keith not only likes to fish; Keith knows how to fish..

I'd rather catch and eat those Sunnys and Crappies then some Walleye.

I'll take you up on that invite next spring. I'll be that guy sleeping on your door step.

Spent most of the morning saturday splitting/hauling 4 truckloads of wood to my folks house (they just bought a 1557m like I have so I'm startin to get him stockpiled)... after that on saturday, decided to build my 'skid wood shed' and restacked all my firewood (got about 7 cord now, with another 4-5 dual-axle dumps already cut that needs hauled)... sunday, spent most of the day gaffing tree's in the attempt to help the neighbor cut down about 35 trees along the road... all-in-all, a good weekend, beautiful weather, with a tired monday at work lol

LOL CK, DOSENT LIKE TO FISH. he sees it as a job!! a job that someone has to do and he does it very well............ just look at his face and you can see all the pressure he,s under?? "wheres the next fish" ?? suffer to live, and live to suffer hey.............

They been running 9.5 to 11 inches.QUOTE]

Keith not only likes to fish; Keith knows how to fish..

I'd rather catch and eat those Sunnys and Crappies then some Walleye.

I'll take you up on that invite next spring. I'll be that guy sleeping on your door step.

I'll talk to Buck Henry....maybe you can come inside and snuggle with him.
Spring....awesome time around here!
These are just under 13" which is the mark for keeping...everything bigger gets released.
If I could make fishing my everyday job I'd be in heaven!
We are still working at that!
DSC02515.jpg

I split up some rounds to get them stacked and covered for next year.
saturday.jpg

saturday1.jpg

And got my first cord of seasoned stuff tucked away in the shed. Only nine more to go.
saturday2.jpg

I was going to bow hunt on Sunday morning and then get as much wood in the shed as time permitted but my wife took me out to eat for my birthday and then to my surprise birthday party after that....Sunday was not a very productive day. :cheers: I guess you only turn 30 once the wood wasn't going anywhere!

A true deer story

My weekend. I am heading back up in the morning for two days. I know off topic but man am I sore.

-----There I was hunting with my wife, son, and daughter. She shoots a doe and a buck. After the morning hunt we go looking for the deer; this is about two hours after she shot. The doe was the closest so we get it and take the cute dead deer kid pictures. At 260ish yards I find the hair from her buck. He crossed my drive way about 70 yards from my hunting camp…As we were debating giving him more time he gets up and starts to run. I take off trying to cut him off before he gets into my neighbors standing corn. (Yes I am running with a loaded rifle. They showed me that trick in the Army.) It worked and he started going the other way. I can hear him running 50-60 yards at a time and falling down. I decided to go after him, so I untied my coat from my waist (a huge mistake) and ran after him. I am doing the classic shooting at the running deer in the woods / brush lot thing. He finally goes down and I get up to him. My rifle is empty and my spare magazine is back in my coat! I am digging through my pockets looking for a bullet and yelling for my wife. The deer must have sensed my panic. His eyes got huge and he charged me. His rack went around my leg and the fight was on. I can not believe how strong a deer is. I am doing everything I could to stay on my feet. His rack got caught on a sapling and I started beating him with my rifle stock. I was hitting him hard enough to loosen the stock. I loose my grip on the rifle and it falls on the ground. He was staring enraged waiting for me to bend over to get the rifle. He then charges again and his rack is back on my leg. I am trying to hold his rack and punch him at the same time. I was just pi..ing him off more. My wife finally shows up and kills him. I fell to the ground exhausted. All this was maybe 3 minutes and 50’. I have no idea how this would have turned out if the wife wasn’t there. Breakfast at NuPeir never tasted better. This morning I had all kinds of new bruises and a hole in my calf I didn’t know I had.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u54/MJR007/deer2009010.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u54/MJR007/deer2009014.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u54/MJR007/deer2009011.jpg

That right there is a funny story. Glad it turned out the way it did. I think you made the news here. I spent the day in the freezing rain looking at doe but no bucks.

Last edited:
My wife just pointed out I should have added I was screaming like a woman to have her come save my as.. The kids thought it was funny! Well I will check back Friday night. I hope no new stories are needed to be told.

LOL! Great story, at least you got him.... could have turned out much worse.

I chopped 1crd wood on Saturday and Sunday was opening for gun.. let a 5 pt go just too small to take... saw a bullwinkle size buck walking out but couldn't get a shot at him...

Dang MJR...we should call you Rambo!
What no knife on your belt?
What a story.
I bet that got your heart pumping!

Back