14-year-old NEEDS advice for reaching out to sell at local hardware stores

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Some new city councilman wants a ban on the sale of gas-powered OPE by Jan 1 apparently. As we say, Californian refugees are welcome south, as long as they don't bring their horrible policies with them.

But don't take it from me, take it from Patrick Star:

Glad you know wtf "they" are thinking before you make a big investment. I have a 3406b engine in my Kenworth and I would not be able to run it if I were in some other states--Good luck to you kid!

You rant like one
You rant like one
Now back to you...The title of this thread is

"14-year-old NEEDS advice for reaching out to sell at local hardware stores"​

There is nothing 'political' about stating facts and truth to him about how some of the rules/laws are changing across the country, before he spends his hard earned money on a piece of equipment that may be deemed inoperable or banned due to new laws. Same can be said for his firewood that is now banned in some parts of the country. I did not single any person or political parties out specifically---you may have taken it the wrong way. Nothing personal, just calling it like I see it without directly offending anyone. Over and out...done.

Back pack blowers are noisy, don't think for a second the stihl is any quieter then the husqy or an echo model. My neighbor down the lane is retired and runs one daily this time of year till all the leaves are out of the trees. He runs an echo. It's obnoxious. His son owns a landscaping business and is a stihl fanboi, thier backpack blowers are just as obnoxious. We had stihl and husqy blowers at the township all obnoxious. As far as fuel usage they all seemed pretty even at the end of the day. Heck my little hand held I have at home is obnoxious and a full pig. Just the nature of the beast. Anytime you want to move a lot of air it's going to be noisy and hog fuel.

PG was $2/Gallon last spring at walmart. Borax is what they put in the hand washing dispensary for the PUBLIC schools when I was in elementary school. There are chemicals in literally EVERYTHING. PG is almost in everything from vapes to shampoo. I did say to "mix" the water and PG with Borax, so I was suggesting a dilute concentration of borax/pg with mostly water, not a high concentration of borax, besides maybe your Chatbot will tell you that Boric acid is also a fire retardant [in higher concentrations]. I am merely suggesting what works for me to keep pests away from my wood--Another alternative would be to buy an expensive product called TIMBOR, but that has boric acid in it as well...
Why the glycol? Boric Acid is water soluble. If for a surfactant, then dish soap?

Now back to you...The title of this thread is

"14-year-old NEEDS advice for reaching out to sell at local hardware stores"​

There is nothing 'political' about stating facts and truth to him about how some of the rules/laws are changing across the country, before he spends his hard earned money on a piece of equipment that may be deemed inoperable or banned due to new laws. Same can be said for his firewood that is now banned in some parts of the country. I did not single any person or political parties out specifically---you may have taken it the wrong way. Nothing personal, just calling it like I see it without directly offending anyone. Over and out...done.
And discussing bullship laws i part of that.

Back pack blowers are noisy, don't think for a second the stihl is any quieter then the husqy or an echo model. My neighbor down the lane is retired and runs one daily this time of year till all the leaves are out of the trees. He runs an echo. It's obnoxious. His son owns a landscaping business and is a stihl fanboi, thier backpack blowers are just as obnoxious. We had stihl and husqy blowers at the township all obnoxious. As far as fuel usage they all seemed pretty even at the end of the day. Heck my little hand held I have at home is obnoxious and a full pig. Just the nature of the beast. Anytime you want to move a lot of air it's going to be noisy and hog fuel.
What am I supposed to do? Use a rake or spend 3K on the new Stihl backpack that weights 40 pound with a battery?
bga300.jpg
But daily blowing is really stupid. There is a difference in between blowing to clean up a lot of leaves once every 2 weeks and blowing the whole yard to get a few leaves off of your pollutingly overfertilized front yards.

I’d buy the echo 9010 blower over the br800. The 9010 is a beast, both are probably too big for you though.
Meh. I have used the BR 800 when doing mountain bike trail mowing to clean off my pants that were covered in grass, I LOVED IT! And I have so many yards to clear this fall and it will really help over my dad's old a** husky.

What am I supposed to do? Use a rake or spend 3K on the new Stihl backpack that weights 40 pound with a battery?
View attachment 1116127
But daily blowing is really stupid. There is a difference in between blowing to clean up a lot of leaves once every 2 weeks and blowing the whole yard to get a few leaves off of your pollutingly overfertilized front yards.
Again, you're showing your age and lack of knowledge. I did not suggest a battery blower, merely they are all fuel pigs and at the end of the day you're blowing money for no reason with no gains in sight. Truthfully if you want a good back pack blower you should have your eyes set on an echo, but that's another discussion.
I also take from your comments that you have no clue how it is to live in the woods surrounded by tress. I admit it annoys the crap out of me that he bows leaves everyday, however he has a ton of leaves that come down daily. I just mow them up and conpost them. Actually I compost about half his leaves as well, and his son still takes truck loads off his property for disposal elsewhere.
Additionally, no one around here fertilizes their yard. Thats what the chickens are for.

Again, you're showing your age and lack of knowledge. I did not suggest a battery blower, merely they are all fuel pigs and at the end of the day you're blowing money for no reason with no gains in sight. Truthfully if you want a good back pack blower you should have your eyes set on an echo, but that's another discussion.
I also take from your comments that you have no clue how it is to live in the woods surrounded by tress. I admit it annoys the crap out of me that he bows leaves everyday, however he has a ton of leaves that come down daily. I just mow them up and conpost them. Actually I compost about half his leaves as well, and his son still takes truck loads off his property for disposal elsewhere.
Additionally, no one around here fertilizes their yard. Thats what the chickens are for.
Oh. I don't want the echo because it is considerably heavier than the Stihl BR 800 C-E

FWIW I'm not a very big dude, at 6'1 and 150lbs soaking wet. I've actually found the 9010 fits my frame better than the 800 does. Power is for sure better on the 9010 but it's one loud unit, ear protection is a must when running it. Also if weight is a concern for you, the 800X is noticeably lighter than the 800C, with the 800C feeling similar to the 9010 in weight

+1, especially for leaves theres no comparison between the two. 9010 is cheaper than the 800 now with the most recent Stihl price hikes

It is still heavier, lighter and less comfortable. I have tried both on and i like the feel of the Stihl better.
Did you try on the 800X or the C? There won't be a difference in how the unit fits your body, but the extra 2 or so pounds on the 800C are noticeable if you're using it for a while without rest

Why the glycol? Boric Acid is water soluble. If for a surfactant, then dish soap?
pg has fungicidal properties and is a solvent to soak into the wood better from my experience but that is just what works for me. As you probably know, PG is not the green/yellow EG [ethylene glycol] that is toxic to environment and pets etc. My mix is mostly water, so one gallon PG goes a long way when heated with water and borax. The higher temp mixing, the more miscible the borax is in case I have a fine tip on the sprayer and dont want to get anything clogged ---boiling the mix gets most disolved.

Back