15,000 rpm in the cut!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like watching Jack's videos, but this is not one of his better ones. I have always thought he was a little too "selective" with his choice of wood to test saws on, but this time it's bordering on ridiculous.

C'mon Jack - at least 12" wood, and stop lifting on the front handle. Either that, or turn the chain around so it's running the proper direction.

I don't know what some of you guys are talking about.

I see the saw feeding its own way into the wood and carrying rpms. Any decent saw will do that.

That fella is a real sawhand and has skills. I'm not sure what all the discrediting is about. Or maybe I am..

I don't see many others showing on video a full gamut of operating and mechanicin'.

sheesh.

I love watching this guys videos, he's a helluva sawyer and apparently a pretty good mechanic. But I have to say I think this video was a little misleading. I don't think any less of the guy! I still like the "top of the morning to ya where ever ya are on God's green earth!"

I don't know what some of you guys are talking about.

I see the saw feeding its own way into the wood and carrying rpms. Any decent saw will do that.

That fella is a real sawhand and has skills. I'm not sure what all the discrediting is about. Or maybe I am..

I don't see many others showing on video a full gamut of operating and mechanicin'.

sheesh.

You seriously disagree with the criticism on this video???? That saw is going to fry if left with its current tune.

Boastings RPMs with the saw running lean...... not the best way to showcase your work.

C’mon man!

of course it's running lean. I don't think frying the saw has anything to do with this video.

Jack is one of only a few logger types I watch on YouTube, the man know his stuff and is a very skilled timber feller, I've been watching his channel for a few years now. What Ive seen happen to many You Tubers is they start getting big heads, loose focus and start doing things unscrupulous, just to boost ones ego and to self promote in the worst ways. This video was a lie, plane and simple. It's his business to do what he sees fit, it doesn't bother me at all, it is what it is.

It doesn't bother me either. I'm not sure why it would bother anyone.

Obviously that saw is tuned to have a short life. So what?

If someone wants to blow their **** up, then so be it.

It might be a good demonstration of what an autotune saw sounds like. Lean.

zing, zing

and yes, I know this is not an autotune saw.

It doesn't bother me either. I'm not sure why it would bother anyone.

Obviously that saw is tuned to have a short life. So what?

If someone wants to blow their **** up, then so be it.

It might be a good demonstration of what an autotune saw sounds like. Lean.

zing, zing

and yes, I know this is not an autotune saw.

The purpose of the video is to promote his saw porting business, which is fine. However he was clearly manipulating things to make the saw appear better than it is, It's so obvious I thought it was more comical than anything. AT saws are revlimited so they don't blowup.

Back