'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strictly theoretical question: would you consider an Echo CS620 an improvement over a Stihl MS290?
I know the 620 has magnesium casings, a decompression valve to make starting easier etc but what I am truly interested in are real-world performances: is it worth the price difference?

Thanks.
The 590 is a better saw then the 290 so a 620 is just Gona be better still. Honestly I'd like to have a 620 but I wouldn't replace my 590 with one unless I drop a tree on it. If you don't need the pro parts that come on the 620 a muff modded and tuned 590 will run near as hard as a stock 620 for a lot less money.

Strictly theoretical question: would you consider an Echo CS620 an improvement over a Stihl MS290?
I know the 620 has magnesium casings, a decompression valve to make starting easier etc but what I am truly interested in are real-world performances: is it worth the price difference?

Thanks.

Most definitely an improvement

Thanks.
I cut with my 590 side by side to my buddy's stihl 290, the Echo was definitely faster. It has a couple cc advantage over the stihl 290.

I have another friend with the ms390 but haven't had a chance to cut with him yet. I expect them to be very close.

Gentlemen, thanks for your kind answers. As said this is all strictly theoretical, mostly idle curiosity.

The 590 is a better saw then the 290 so a 620 is just Gona be better still. Honestly I'd like to have a 620 but I wouldn't replace my 590 with one unless I drop a tree on it. If you don't need the pro parts that come on the 620 a muff modded and tuned 590 will run near as hard as a stock 620 for a lot less money.

We haven't got the CS590 here. We have the CS600 and the CS610, all sold at pretty much the same price. The Shindaiwa 600SX is considerably more expensive than all three, almost MS362 money. Go figure this bizarre pricing policy.

Three of my friends switched to echo 490 or 590s after trying mine none bought a 290 or 291 not saying any saw is better you just get alot for your money with echo at least here do you have many choices where you live.

If you want to fix it. I called echo and gave my serial number and they sent me all the parts for free but that was a year ago i don't know if they still do that or not.

I'd love to get my hands on a blown up 620. Anyone know of one? Hell even a 590/600. I keep reading about all these straight gas/lean blown finds but I haven't seen one.......... The search continues :rolleyes:
i doubt you find many lean seized ones, everything i have sold in the last 6 months or so has been tuned pretty rich right out of the box. I think echo might be learning

i doubt you find many lean seized ones, everything i have sold in the last 6 months or so has been tuned pretty rich right out of the box. I think echo might be learning
Isn't there some kind of thing in the carb on these to keep it from running too lean? I can't remember what page I read that on and don't want to go through all 7367732 pages.

Isn't there some kind of thing in the carb on these to keep it from running too lean? I can't remember what page I read that on and don't want to go through all 7367732 pages.

Yes, but they can still be "burned up" if one tried hard enough. Pulled a plug out of a bone stock saw,plug was way white. Bad mix on a long hot day would have burned up in short order.

That bypass really kills a ported saw tho.

Back