18" Bar, 30" Round.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vangellis

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Just looking for suggestions on cutting up a round that is wider than the bar. I have done it in the past but only a few times.
I have a Husky 350 w/18" bar that will be cutting a six foot long black cherry round approx. 30" in diameter.
Whats the best method?

Thanks, Kevin

Help if you have wedges to hold the cut open, also a peavey or cant hook. As long as you can roll it so you don't saw the ground.

Help if you have wedges to hold the cut open, also a peavey or cant hook. As long as you can roll it so you don't saw the ground.

Hi Clearance.
I have wedges which I planned to use. I have a timberjack, but that won't work with that diameter log. I usually use a large crowbar for moving the bigger ones.

Kevin

The main thing is the wedges to hold the cut open with an 18 inch bar you should reach the middle of the log so it shouldnt be too hard if you saw from both sides of the log. If the bar doesnt reach the center you will have to cut a few wedges out of the log so you can reach the center.

Latest posts

Back