181 clutch cover?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlBoy440

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 181SE and am wondering if the 281/288 era saws clutch cover will work on this saw? If it will does anyone have a good used complete asembly they might part with? Thanks

Are you looking for the cover model with the chainbrake option, or without? they were available either way...

Happy to send you an OEM one without a brake set-up. Unfortunately the one I have with the brake set up is the old style and the band is broken.

The aftermarket one works pretty good, not as good as OEM though. The handle is a little "soft" and really needs the third rail that lies in the middle of the handle on the OEM ones. I have also had a problem with it just "activating" on its own a lot.

If you just need a cover to run the saw though, PM me your address, you are welcome to this one...

Jason

Thanks I got a real cheap looking one with a brake on it, but I am wanting the new plastic handle style that came on 281/288 saws, thanks for the offer though!

Latest posts

Back