191t-192t?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what is the main difference between a 191T and a 192T?

Got a tree trimming friend that loves his 191T but it's seen better days and he's looking for a replacement and say's he want's more 191's not 192's

I really don't know what to tell him, I know he won't spend the money for a 200T

Got a tree trimming friend that loves his 191T but it's seen better days and he's looking for a replacement and say's he want's more 191's not 192's

I really don't know what to tell him, I know he won't spend the money for a 200T

I guess if I was dead set against the 192t Id look at the echo 360t or the solo i think 637 and balieys has another one not sure about but tonka I beleave 40 cc saw miss read that one

Last edited:
191 vs 192

I am pretty sure the 191t is the same as the 019t. The 019t is 35cc with inboard clutch. The 192t is 30cc with outboard clutch. And has been said, the body parts will not interchange. The 019T is a strange one, the air filter is in the rear, with a long snorkel running to the carb up front. Have not peeked inside a 192, yet.

I also thought that the 191T was a rebadged 019T. Could be wrong.

Running them the 019T have more power but are significantly heavier with a much more bulky feel.

In terms of construction they are both Stihl built little Macs. The 019T being a Eager Beaver 2.3 and the 192T being like the original Power Mac 6A. The 192T is tiny in the hand compared to the 019T. As mentioned earlier, nothing of importance swaps between them.

Last edited:
191t is supposed to have more power then the 019, I think its bigger displacement.
192 is lighter then then the other 2. I don't know the difference in power and like said differant design.
He aught walk in the Stihl dealer himself and check it out for himself and then consider.

191t is supposed to have more power then the 019, I think its bigger displacement.
192 is lighter then then the other 2. I don't know the difference in power and like said differant design.
He aught walk in the Stihl dealer himself and check it out for himself and then consider.

Exactly, he said the 191 had more power then the 019 and the 192 also.

I said I don't know much at all about any of the 3 but I do know that I agree with the mini mac comparison from what I have seen of them.

I had to put a new handle buffer on the 191 for him a couple of weeks ago and what a pita it was. Cbfarmall was over, helped me with it and can vouch for that.

As for the tip on Smiths, I'll call em today and see what they have left. There actually one of the only Stihl dealers in the area that I can stomach, too bad there only 30 miles in direction that I never seem to go.

I used 019T's years back as pro-pruning saws, nowhere near the best choice for that, but you could buy 2 for the price of one 020T. As a commercial saw they'd last around 18 months or so before totally crapping out. Power was 1.3KW, that's as low as you'd wanna go on a TH saw. Opening the muffler gave a bit more pep. The side handle makes them nicer to use above head height than a 192T. 192T's are weak unreliable junk saws if run for pro-use. Seized pistons and bearings within weeks/months depending how hard they're run. 019T's were better saws. If serious, it's way better to save up some pennies and get a 200T/020T. Even 2nd hand they're a 10X better saw

A little digging around and I found out the the 191T is 46cc. Thats why the guy likes em so well.

Like I said, I don't know much about them but I guess I'll get more insite on them soon. Soon as I get his 036 Pro back together anyway.

yeah 46cc is a mis-print, 019T's are only around the 30cc size, 191T's maybe a few cc's extra, both pretty anemic like the 192T's

637 with 16" Bar

Anyone tried the Solo 637 with 16" bar?

I guess if I was dead set against the 192t Id look at the echo 360t or the solo i think 637 and balieys has another one not sure about but tonka I beleave 40 cc saw miss read that one

Latest posts

Back