192T Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greener

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The specs on the Stihl site say this runs with a 16" bar but it runs optimally with a 14. Has anyone tried it with a 16, and do you lose power. Any feedback helps. thanks.
:chainsawguy:

i have a 12" on mine 14" would be the upper limit of what i would want to cut with it, and not regularly at that

:agree2:

Got mine with the 14", but you'd be crazy to want to cut anything that big with it. I can't imagine cutting anything over about 10-12" with it. Great for stuff 8" and under though, just keep the revs up -- there's very little torque.

I have the same saw with a 12", I can't imagine it with a 16" I don't think it would pull a 14 decent

mine rips with a 14".

never put a 16" on it.i thought of putting one on the 200t but i like the balance of the 14".

I have 2 192t's, 1 12" & 1 16". I climb with the 12" and use the 16" in the bucket. I have to say that if you keep your chain sharp and keep the revs up you will do just fine with the 16". Try not to cut anything at max bar length. The bar will plug and bog down in the cut. Other than that the 16" is just fine. That being said, I plan on getting the 200t next go round. The extra hp and larger chain will be so much nicer when that branch is just barely in reach. And it will make the cutting so much faster. The slight extra weight will try to suck my harness off that much faster, but I think I can live with it.

I have 2 192t's, 1 12" & 1 16". I climb with the 12" and use the 16" in the bucket. I have to say that if you keep your chain sharp and keep the revs up you will do just fine with the 16". Try not to cut anything at max bar length. The bar will plug and bog down in the cut. Other than that the 16" is just fine. That being said, I plan on getting the 200t next go round. The extra hp and larger chain will be so much nicer when that branch is just barely in reach. And it will make the cutting so much faster. The slight extra weight will try to suck my harness off that much faster, but I think I can live with it.

TreeWurx, you were the only one who said a 16" is ok. I'll go with your theory. Thanks to everyone with all the posts and I think I will heed the advice and stay with the 14, as much for weight concerns while climbing as for torque. I may throw the 16 on to test it out but I am guessing I will not use it.

200t with a 16" is fine.. I didn't care for the 192 when I ran one.. reminded me of one of those orange saws lol except it was balanced better for "2" handed use.

I bought my 192T with the 14" bar but quickly switched to a 12" bar. I keep the 14" around as a spare, but prefer running the 12". I find the shorter bar cuts quicker and bogs less.

I agree cutting beyond 8" with the 192T gets slow. If I had to routinely cut limbs 8" & larger, I'd switch to the 200T.

The 192T with a 12" bar and sharp chain is a great tool for the price.

i have a 10" bar on my 192T for the little bit of climbing i do and for the ground work-

i wouldnt even consider a 12 inch bar. the 10" bogs it down enough as is ( the saw is only a couple years old )

if i NEEDED a 12" bar, id upgrad to the 020T / 200T

Even at 12", the reach of the shorter bar feels awkward to me. I assume you have gotten used to the shorter 10" bar.

How is the balance with the 10" bar?

Even at 12", the reach of the shorter bar feels awkward to me. I assume you have gotten used to the shorter 10" bar.

How is the balance with the 10" bar?

balance is ok.

i just have to make my cut ALL the way AROUND when blocking down logs.

my BIGGEST complaint is i always run out of gas in the saw before i finish trees like this

tree004-1.jpg

tree005.jpg

trees003.jpg

i have a 10" bar on my 192T for the little bit of climbing i do and for the ground work-

i wouldnt even consider a 12 inch bar. the 10" bogs it down enough as is ( the saw is only a couple years old )

if i NEEDED a 12" bar, id upgrad to the 020T / 200T

Haven't had it bog yet with the 14" but I don't bury it. I let the saw do the work. I limbed an oak this weekend with no problems. I am tempted to put on the 16 but I will refrain from the urge.

I don't see a 10" bar in the Stihl bar/chain guide. Honestly, I got so many 12" chains, I'm not keen on adding another size. However, I have thought about trying the 12" Rolomatic E Light bar on my 192T, since it's supposed to be 38% lighter.

I have the 14" E-Light bar on a new MS211 and you can definitely feel the weight difference compared to the standard E Rollomatic.

Do you have the carving bar?

CARVINGBAR.jpg

Last edited:
i tried the E-Lite bar.

i loved the weight but i seemed to bend them easily on take downs.for just trimming they are great if you aren't a pincher.

Back