1990 AWD Eagle Talon Race Car Images

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp........today after much thinking......I have decided to lighten my AWD Talon more geared toward a race only car......My car weighs 3,300 pounds with me in. I can lose about 200+ pounds with out many problems :cheers: I bought a carbon fiber trunk lid....and will be installing Lexan.......the stock trunk lids with glass are extremely heavy.....I will lose 35 pounds with this update......guess that it is time to take out the passenger seat.....40 pounds.....and backseat and seat belts......another 35 pounds......My Talon still has working air conditioning (R-12) remember that? The compressor and bull crap is another 50 pounds........I can cut the metal out of the rear bumper and save another 20 pounds........Hmmmmmm......I could go with a fuel cell and get rid of the factory fuel tank.....about another 25+ pound saving..........I weigh 210.......if I quit drinking.......that could save another 15 pounds
icon_ale.gif
NAAAAAaaaaaaaaa.....I don't wanna go that fast.......
icon_cry2.gif

Talon just run the car...........and have fun.............:cheers: :cheers:

Welp........do to getting my aluminum drive shaft finally after a 7 week wait.........my car will see the dragstrip on the 17th of November.......Yup......we actually have a dragstrip in Michigan that is open until December the 2nd :jawdrop: The good news is today......that I found a "chassis fabrication" shop that said that they will install an 8 point chrome moly roll cage for $1,000 to $1,200 tops in my Talon.......This shop specializes in rail dragster chassis fabrications.........so the should know their ****. Anyways.......I have had 2 different estimates for the same......and both were $2,500 :cry: The 8 point crome moly cage is good for 9.50 et's and slower according to the IHRA rules........that is good enough for me as I will not go that quick yet
1.gif
I have made an appointment to drop off the 4 cylinder beast on November the 20th. Stay tuned......as more images are still on the way :cheers:

DSCN4776.jpg
Welp.........here are 3 images of my '90 Talon AWD race car images. I bought the car brand new in August 1989........The body has 58,000 original miles on the body :clap: I just had the long block and transmission freshly rebuilt 2 months ago by well known professionals in Ohio........The car at release was dynoed at 624 wheel horsepower and 559 pound feet of torque out of a 2.0 litre 4 banger..........I had the car built for high 9's in the quarter mile :clap: I have had the car at the dragstrip 2 times before.......and went home both times with minor "bugs" that cost me a real first run with problems. My car will be up and ready to go to the dragstrip for a Test and Tune for October the 27th.......and I expect nothing less than 10.50 for my real first time out if the "bugs" are out......... LOL! I will post a few more images in a few days :clap: This car is my wife.........cuz........I cannot afford both at the same time.......LOL!
IMG_3230_600x400-vi.jpg
IMG_3228_600x400-vi.jpg

Never seen a wife looking like this....:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Welp........do to getting my aluminum drive shaft finally after a 7 week wait.........my car will see the dragstrip on the 17th of November.......Yup......we actually have a dragstrip in Michigan that is open until December the 2nd :jawdrop: The good news is today......that I found a "chassis fabrication" shop that said that they will install an 8 point chrome moly roll cage for $1,000 to $1,200 tops in my Talon.......This shop specializes in rail dragster chassis fabrications.........so the should know their ****. Anyways.......I have had 2 different estimates for the same......and both were $2,500 :cry: The 8 point crome moly cage is good for 9.50 et's and slower according to the IHRA rules........that is good enough for me as I will not go that quick yet
1.gif
I have made an appointment to drop off the 4 cylinder beast on November the 20th. Stay tuned......as more images are still on the way :cheers:

WOW what a car. I like that car. I don't know you drive dragstars. Thats top!
Good luck, Talon...:clap: :clap: :cheers:

More race car images

Welp........here are some of my race car images that I took today

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

You can see the nice trailer that my iron worker friend Vince built last year It is sweet

Buschur Racing custom EVO front mount intercooler
PTE GT67 P trim ball bearing turbo
AEM EMS
John Shepherd stage 4 transmission

Last edited:
Daayuum....not a single response good or bad? ...... and I was sooo proud too
14.gif
.......... :greenchainsaw:

Looks awesome man I used to have a 97 GSX but a deer at bout 100 mph saw its end. I love the turbo engines got a buddy that has a typhoon (not stock) that is unbelievable it is so fast it is sick. My other friends are still into big block chevy and ford. Im still partial to the four banger that can make 700 hp. Good lookin ride good luck on the strip if Bushur built it it should be fast.

Looks awesome man I used to have a 97 GSX but a deer at bout 100 mph saw its end. I love the turbo engines got a buddy that has a typhoon (not stock) that is unbelievable it is so fast it is sick. My other friends are still into big block chevy and ford. Im still partial to the four banger that can make 700 hp. Good lookin ride good luck on the strip if Bushur built it it should be fast.

Funny you mention the typhoon. At the last TNT that Rockingham had there was a Syclone that just ripped everyone a new butthole. He decided to not show his times but I would say he was in the low 8s(1/4).

I walked over to check it out and there were some spooks trying to race him with a bike for $$$$. He didn't have much to say, kind of a jerk too. Anyway his truck sounded just like a jet taking off, that was awesome!!!

Only wimpy cars won't spin tires!
........................ There are other cars bigger and quicker than mine......that have the same car as mine...but.......one year newer that has ran a 7.70 at 191 mph....give me your email....and I will send the video to you......no tire smoke......just a bad ass monster :cheers: Based on your prior questions to me and answers in a different thread........You are just "underknowledged" with todays high tech race cars. You may know chainsaws......:cheers: ....but not jack **** about turbocharged 4 banger AWD cars :dizzy:

Last edited:
Thats one sweet looking ride. Looks sort of like a sleeper that will bite!

The video you mentioned is that some where on the web or a personal one, Would really like to see it.

Hey Talon, your friend built a beautiful trailer fer your ride, first rate ta both of 'em (car & trailer). So, do ya ever sneak it around da block? Bummer about not bein' able ta spin the tires, I always thought that was half the fun :D but I suppose G-force makes up for that and with a screaming passenger next to ya you'd never hear the tires anyhoo :hmm3grin2orange:
Somewhere in my archives I have an old MotoTrend mag with an article on 700hp 4's, think its gotta be 15yrs old by now and looked but can't find it, sort of amazed me then (most were formula racers), and whats out there now is truly awesome, yours is a fine example too. Just finished an article (readin' not writin') on what J. (too much money) Leno did to a Toronado, holey-moley, twin turbo'd small block 425GM power@ 1000+hp (converted to rear wheel drive btw), worth a google just 'cause its something wild. aYep, fast is wild 'n' crazy fun, but I'd probably give up a kidney for an old E-type 3.8 convertible *dreamin' along*.
So, when is the NO2 system goin' in? :dizzy: :chainsawguy:

:cheers: on a sweet ride mon!

Last edited:
Thats one sweet looking ride. Looks sort of like a sleeper that will bite!

The video you mentioned is that some where on the web or a personal one, Would really like to see it.
Go here >>>> www.shepracing.com look in the middle of the page and you will see his video clip click on it... John Shepherds 7.70 at 191mph will load........takes about 30 seconds.......he has the same motor as mine......except his is dynoed at 1,300 wheel horsepower :jawdrop: It is the quickest all wheel drive 4 banger in the world. I had him build my transmission last spring :givebeer: The transmision will shift like butter all day long at 9,000 rpm..........I have tested mine to 8,500 so far and never missed a gear yet :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Go here >>>> www.shepracing.com look in the middle of the page and you will see his video clip click on it... John Shepherds 7.70 at 191mph will load........takes about 30 seconds.......he has the same motor as mine......except his is dynoed at 1,300 wheel horsepower :jawdrop: It is the quickest all wheel drive 4 banger in the world. I had him build my transmission last spring :givebeer: The transmision will shift like butter all day long at 9,000 rpm..........I have tested mine to 8,500 so far and never missed a gear yet :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

:jawdrop: 8500???? :jawdrop: WOW! (scatter-shields?)

Wild mon, Imma comin' ta visit, we needs a 6pak or 3 and yer neighbor's plates :D

(me like!)

Back