• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 1997 hiab 125 knuckleboom

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millerhill520

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a hiab knuckleboom for sale. I removed it from a gas powered Gmc truck in October. It was a friend of mines, and he was going to mount it on a sterling, but decided to keep running the truck he has with a knuckle already on it. He got this knuckle for a song, and asked if I could sell it. He just wants to recoup what he has into it.

If I knew it was going up for sale, I would have taken a video of it in operation before I Lifted it off.
The knuckle worked fine. The motor had some bad cylinders, but it still ran enough to try it out. I was able to unbolt all but a few of the threaded rods. I have all the mounting rods, even the ones I cut, and the bolts. The p.t.o was not saved for the boom, because the sterling he was buying had one already, and a gas p.t.o was uselesss to him. The tank is built into the knuckle. The knuckle has a set of spring forks, and a hook to hook into. I am sure it can be plumbed for a grapple and what not. I have a power fork from a Sheetrock loader I could sell if someone wanted it, 360 rotation, power tilt.

I am really bad at uploading photos on this site. If anyone wants photos, send an email, and I'll send em to you. An email is better than a phone number, because my phone overloads when I have too many photos.

2500.00 for the boom. I have 2 log trucks, and will use my truck to set it on a cab and chassis and we can bolt it on secure for you. You will have to buy a few threaded rods, but I have enough to mount it for hauling it away if course. I also have a multi stage pump I could sell for cheap that was removed from one of my macks and ran a Sheetrock boom. It works fine, but I built the truck and needed a different pump to run the rotobec.

If anyone is interested, let me know. I live in northeastern mass.

Latest posts

Back