2 cycle rpm tachometer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wondering what you guys use for a tach.i see sendec makes one for 2 cycle. I dont wanna spend a 100 for a tach.if i have to wrap a little wire around the plug wire like the tinytachs no biggy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I find the cheap little hr meter/tach that uses a wire around the plug to work well. I bought 3 of them over 2 years ago and the batteries are still going. Water proof and accurate, tell you the hours on your saw. Not fancy, but they work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tach-Ho...059438?hash=item4afcee5bee:g:MYwAAOSwGYVXC9lJ

I have one of this type and it seems to work well enough, covers all the basic requirements for my purposes.
$23, 20k rpm, .5 sec refresh, decent sized display, replaceable battery, works wired or wireless, water resistant, backlit display, ships from usa...

Tried a few of the really cheap $5-10 ones and was never happy with any of them. I've heard the Works Connection ones are ok...

The cordless ones are nice. The couple we have in the shop are Husqvarna labeled I believe. Were around $100.

I have a wire one on my log splitter. Works well, but it's designed to stay there, not really meant to keep switching between other OPE. (Uh, why is O P E a swear? It's a very common abbreviation for outdoor power equipnent. It is some crazy sex thing too??!)

The cordless ones are nice. The couple we have in the shop are Husqvarna labeled I believe. Were around $100.

I have a wire one on my log splitter. Works well, but it's designed to stay there, not really meant to keep switching between other ***. (Uh, why is O P E a swear? It's a very common abbreviation for outdoor power equipnent. It is some crazy sex thing too??!)

It's another forum that shall remain unnamed.

I've had 3 of the $10 ebay ones - have the side triangle mounting wings. Pure garbage - the best one lasted 4 months on my garden tractor.

Latest posts

Back