• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 2 Stihl MS261Cs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueberrymuzik

Lesser Known AS Member
Reaction score
I built these two MS261Cs back in August. I had a forum member who was supposed to come here the last week in September and pick them up. After sitting on them for 6 weeks, he was a no-show. So now, I have two 261C phos for sale. They are identical M-tronic units. Both came to me with bad crankshafts. I replaced the cranks, bearings, and seals in both. They have both been vacuum/pressure tested. Both start, run and oil extremely well.
IMG_3108.JPG

Saw #1 has seen less usage the the other. It has 175# of compression, and is cosmetically very good. $375 pho + shipping.

IMG_3110.JPG IMG_3118.JPG IMG_3127.JPG

Saw #2 shows more sign of use and has 165# of compression. Cosmetically good with some minor damage to the starter cover. $350 pho + shipping.

IMG_3135.JPG IMG_3140.JPG IMG_3162.JPG

6 weeks, no show?

Might be for the benefit of people on this forum to know who that was.

Time is money.

It was me. I found out he had the saws before they were fixed and I told him I was interested. He was gracious enough to offer to hold them for me until I could look at them. I had told him I would be down in Missouri the last week in September. At that point in time I did not know my children would get whooping cough shortly before we were supposed to leave. All three of them came down with it and the whole trip has been cancelled. I totally spaced on messaging him and letting him know that I would not be coming down, For that I apologize.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

So how are the little ones doing? Hope they are recovering well! Sorry to hear your trip got cancelled. Rare thing these days to see someone man-up to an oversight...especially considering what you are going through!

They are coughing so hard they puke and the oldest (kids are 4,3 and 1) has a little blood once in a while. I hate it! It is so hard to see your little ones suffer. We are expecting number 4 in 6 weeks so I hope they get over it quickly. This is making for some sleepless nights. Not good for my wife.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back