2 Stroke Oil (Cerma)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried the Royal Purple - Full Synthetic.
About $12.00 a quart.
I mix 40:1 (don't care what anyone says, 50:1 is too lean)
First thing I noticed was barely any smoke at all.
Second was it didn't stink like normal 2-cycle oil.
Third was the saw ran better, idle actually had to be adjusted slightly down.

There is a gas station somewhere near me that sells gas without ethanol
I'm looking into that, because the ethanol is what messes with 2-cycles.

I had been buying full synthetic 2-cycle at Wal-Mart which was almost as good as the Royal Purple, but they stopped selling it ... because that's the Wal-Mart business model, If something consistently sells out and people keep asking for more, DISCONTINUE IT.
:dumb:

Or switch to maxima racing castor oil 927.the smell off of it is addictive.
This is of course a joke.dont think it would work well in injectin systems.
See what brand of scooter it is and I can see how it adjusts and I can try to work you thru it.im sure it should have notches in the cam on the pump to give you a ratio.
The Moped is a YAMAHA Vino 49cc ?

I tried the Royal Purple - Full Synthetic.
About $12.00 a quart.
I mix 40:1 (don't care what anyone says, 50:1 is too lean)
First thing I noticed was barely any smoke at all.
Second was it didn't stink like normal 2-cycle oil.
Third was the saw ran better, idle actually had to be adjusted slightly down.

There is a gas station somewhere near me that sells gas without ethanol
I'm looking into that, because the ethanol is what messes with 2-cycles.

I had been buying full synthetic 2-cycle at Wal-Mart which was almost as good as the Royal Purple, but they stopped selling it ... because that's the Wal-Mart business model, If something consistently sells out and people keep asking for more, DISCONTINUE IT.
:dumb:
Do u remeber the name of it ?

Do u remeber the name of it ?
Pretty sure it was Pennzoil ... now they only carry the big Marine bottles and it's not full synthetic.
Your Wal-Mart might be different.

I'm sticking with the Royal Purple at the moment ... I did try QuickSilver (QuikSilver?) as well.

So far the best 2-cycle oil I've ever used - hands down with noticeable differences, is the Royal Purple.

Pretty sure it was Pennzoil ... now they only carry the big Marine bottles and it's not full synthetic.
Your Wal-Mart might be different.

I'm sticking with the Royal Purple at the moment ... I did try QuickSilver (QuikSilver?) as well.

So far the best 2-cycle oil I've ever used - hands down with noticeable differences, is the Royal Purple.
Thanks, Man. big help !

I usually run whatever synthetic oil I can find on the cheap. I always check the bottom shelf at the cycle shop. Sometimes they will have that last quart of oil on sale that they quit stocking. Silcolene, Bel Ray Maxima or whatever. I used to buy the bottles of Poulan Synthetic at Wal Mart but they quit selling it. I usually buy a couple 5 gallon mix bottles of the Woodsmans Pro Synthetic from Baileys when I order.

I've run the Stihl HP too but the shops in my area quit stocking it in the bigger bottles, so I quit buying it. I never noticed the headaches, but when I ran some kind of Ams Oil Synthetic I got a terrible headache that lasted for days.

I run 3 oz.s to a gallon. I have a nice little measuring cup with a 3 oz. mark. That's a little over 50:1 and I've never had a problem on any of my equipment.

Wow ! good info to know about ! I got a 4-stroke moped that smokes like a chimney. The oil I use is Yamalube. I think i spelled that right? Anyway, my wife and kids can always tell when i ride it because I smell like burnt oil I guess. Makes me not want to ride it all summer long. Any ideas ? Its only got 3 thousand miles on it ?
https://www.yamahapartsandaccessori...roducts/engine-oils?ls=yamalube&dealernumber=

Which one of these are you running

YES it is.

A 4 stroke Moped just runs off of straight gas then ?
I put gas in one tank and my oil in another tank ? I thought
that made it a 4 stroke ? 93 oct. better oil ? smokes bad is my
issue ?
You said oil in another tank? and oil Injected?

Sounds like leaky valve seals or broke rings or something.

The main thing you want to make sure of today when you buy 2-cycle oil, is that it's got the new rating for high revving engines and the additives that deal with the ethanol in the gas.

Don't use STABIL either ... that stuff is absolute garbage.

Those Video's are wrong in so many way's."OK guys remember to wear your Safety glasses." Jesus Christ the dude need to be in a padded Cell to keep from hurting Himself.
Another Snake oil Company like Splitfire Plugs,slick 50 and Duralube.I'll stick to my Marvel Mystery oil.It's Cheap and Actually works even though it's a Mystery.:laugh:
I have several little oil cans on my bench's and if there is something mechanical near by It gets a squirt. And they are all filled with Marvel Mystery Oil

I have several little cans on my bench's and if there is something mechanical near by It gets a squirt. And they are all filled with Marvel Mystery Oil
Good stuff.during the summer I add a splash to my mix jug.I try to run It in my truck too when I can think to buy it and put it in.

Not to de-rail but I have a question.. is 2 stroke injection oil that I have for my snowmobile the same as saw mixing oil? I have about 2-3 quarts of injection oil and I have always wondered. I will go out on a half sawed limb and guess yes they are the same???

Lets get back to the OP's smoking dillemma, shall we ??
We have filtered down and gotten to the following points;

- It is not a 2 cycle
- It does not have oil injection
- It is a 4 cycle
- It has oil in the crankcase which should not burn in the cylinder
- It eithor has a ring problem, a valve seal/stem/guide problem, or there is too much oil in the crankcase

Lets get back to the OP's smoking dillemma, shall we ??
We have filtered down and gotten to the following points;

- It is not a 2 cycle
- It does not have oil injection
- It is a 4 cycle
- It has oil in the crankcase which should not burn in the cylinder
- It eithor has a ring problem, a valve seal/stem/guide problem, or there is too much oil in the crankcase
Yeap

Latest posts

Back