2 stroke pre mixed fuel Advice (VP Racing)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggie 2012

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I bought a 1 gallon can of the VP premixed fuel for around $16.
I'm gonna run this specifically in my ported MS461 (I don't run it very often and it's my baby so I don't like using the ethonal infested fuel)
It's 94 octane mixed at 50:1.

My question has to do first with the oil they use. Is it decent enough to run long term in my saw? How does it compare to the stihl moto mix?

Lastly, I want to dilute this gallon can of 50:1 to 40:1.
How much stihl hp oil do I need to add to get this proportion correct?

6bb5ed9c60c8d9a8864756cb2b55417d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As to the second question it is pretty simple arithmetic. 128 fluid ounces per gallon 1/50 of that is 2.56 just like the 2.6 fluid ounces in the little one gallon mix containers. 1/40 of that is 3.2 the difference is 0.64 fluid ounces which is about a tablespoon and a teaspoon. two tablespoons to a fluid ounce and three tea spoons per tablespoon if I recall correctly.

Does the can explain if it is 94 octane rating before or after the addition of the oil? And what octane measuring standard was used?

Awesome Thanks Franny. That is exactly what I needed to know.

And no sir it does not go into detail on the 94 octane rating or how it was measured.

JTM just curious, do you not like using the stihl HP oil or your just Leary about mixing two different brands of oil?
It looks like the Motul 710 2t is also a synthetic similar to the stihl.
Please excuse my ignorance. I am somewhat of a newbie to all of this

No reason really. Just don't want to experiment on something I paid a lot of money for by mixing oils. So, you'll have to excuse my ignorance. I doubt an addition of little more than half an ounce to a gallon of mix would do any harm though.

I'm sorry JTM, I lied to you. I paid $17.95 and I'm ag exempt but with tax it comes out to around $20

Aren't some oils even a mixture of Dino and synthetic? I think I read it somewhere.

Yes, absolutely!

I go to a local place to have the oil changed in our vehicles. They use a semi-synthetic blend. I think it's Kendall oil that they use.

Anyways, oil change, oil filter, four tire rotation, and an under the hood inspection, all for less than $20.00. They even check the brakes as well.

Yes, absolutely!

I go to a local place to have the oil changed in our vehicles. They use a semi-synthetic blend. I think it's Kendall oil that they use.

Anyways, oil change, oil filter, four tire rotation, and an under the hood inspection, all for less than $20.00. They even check the brakes as well.
I pay $45 at one of those express places.

You should check around locally for an actual race gas supplier. You should be able to buy it for $6 to $8 a gallon I would think. Then use the oil of your choice. I would look for VP C12 or higher.

The 94 octane is the rating of the fuel without oil it is usually quoted as the same when oil is added Stihl ultra oil is Jaso FB rated or it was around 6 months back when I last checked there is a good number of brands with higher Jaso rating of FC/FD + if you know the oil company/blender brands that are as good or better than some jaso rated oil its just the small company's can't afford the $75,000 test fee but a rated product will give you peace of mind Much "Brain Washing "is put out by the saw manufacters for using their products when it is obtained with recommendations from oil blenders who produce pre mix of their own blending which is as good & a lot of cases better at a more competative price

Latest posts

Back