20 to 24 on 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pro94lt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm fixing to get a 24 inch bar for my 372, since I have a 346 with a 18 the 20 on the 372 is not the best choice for my needs, My question is how much if any of a difference will i feel whith power, and weight???? The 20 on the 372 just seems like it always wants more and never strains...

You only notice it when the whole bar is buried. Look at the bright side you wont have to bend over quite as far when bucking.

mine pulled the 24 easly but it was a bit nose heavy so i am running a 20 on it now,, it balances out good + it dropped some weight off

My 372 has a 24" bar.

Acts like it wants more.

My 372 has a 24" bar.

Acts like it wants more.

Power is not the issue, but the front heavy balance may matter, as it is a very notisable difference. I use both 20 and 24" on mine, but prefere the 20" because of balance. A 16" makes the saw rear heavy (I never cut with it), and 18" probably is most common in Scandinavia.......

Power is not the issue, but the front heavy balance may matter, as it is a very notisable difference. I use both 20 and 24" on mine, but prefere the 20" because of balance. A 16" makes the saw rear heavy (I never cut with it), and 18" probably is most common in Scandinavia.......

Dang Troll, thats a big 'ole bar for you! The West Coast guys will be impressed......lol

A 24" bar balances nicely on a 372, as does a 28" Techite. That's what I run on mine. IMHO, a little bit of weight at the nose makes the best balanced saw. How often are you cutting with the tip above the handle on a bucking saw? This isn't a trim saw.

Latest posts

Back