2000 Vermeer SC752 demo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CalTreeEquip

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Just finished this one and thought I would share it with you guys.
And yes I know I could be more aggressive with it and am looking a little awkward but I haven't ground stumps commercially in a long time.
Word to the wise, keep veggie oil in the deep frier. It really makes a mess of diesel injectors.

2000 Vermeer SC752 stump grinder demo - YouTube

Nice looking grinder you got there. I would have shown a cold start rather than just jumping into a video of the unit running and grinding away. Yes, veggie oil and WMO can wreak havoc on an injection system. Did they have some means of heating the veggie oil built into the unit? Straight veggie oil is typically shut off and the engine should run on diesel for the last 10 minutes of the day so the next cold start is easy. Two tanks are used and the veggie oil needs to be heated for optimum usage.

It starts find, no real reason to show that unless there is a problem.
Municipal units spend a lot of time sitting. In this case 450 hours in 13 years. The oil just congeals in the tank and lines, clogging the injectors. It looked like they had taken the injectors apart before as well. I had to have the whole system rebuilt. They didn't have a preheater on it but then again central California doesn't get that cold.

CalTree are you at all affiliated with BigTruck and Equipment over near LosAngeles? It seems sometimes you "share" equipment.

CalTree are you at all affiliated with BigTruck and Equipment over near LosAngeles? It seems sometimes you "share" equipment.

No I don't represent them but about 4 years ago I did. There is a bit of cross pollination that goes on in this business though. I have notice a few times I'll have a truck I'm selling for someone else and it turn up on their site as well. But then again my stuff has turned up on other sites that I never authorized. I won't name names but one of the favorites here has done that with my equipment. Not cool.

No I don't represent them but about 4 years ago I did. There is a bit of cross pollination that goes on in this business though. I have notice a few times I'll have a truck I'm selling for someone else and it turn up on their site as well. But then again my stuff has turned up on other sites that I never authorized. I won't name names but one of the favorites here has done that with my equipment. Not cool.

"favorites"? i have failed to recognize a "favorite" used equipment dealer on here. Most dealers get bashed actually..

Frankly, any of the California based dealers sell far superior equipment primarily due to their sources.

Frankly, any of the California based dealers sell far superior equipment primarily due to their sources.

We do try anyway. Our equipment does tend to be rust free and really well cared for. There is a bit of junk though, we just don't buy it. For example, there was an auction last week, must have been 20 forestry trucks, only a few of them were worth owning and those weren't anything special. We bought none of them. Even with the not so bad ones, by the time you're done doing the brakes, fixing the hydraulic leaks, replacing the interiors and servicing the things there isn't any profit left. But somebody bought all that crap, just not my guys.

Latest posts

Back