2005 JMS gooseneck grapple traler for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year I bought a triaxle grapple trailer with a 17' boom and able to lift 2,000 lbs half extended from Bailey's. The trailer works great and I was using it to pick up wood for my chainsaw carving business from arborists in the area. My hope was that I could save the arborists all the trouble of removing the logs from the sites and get paid by people that wanted the wood. to my suprise I found the people that would pay for the wood, but not enough arborists to part with the wood. If I was an arborist this would be an excellent tool, but I'm not and that is just too expensive of a tool not to be using every day as an arborist would.

How Much???? $$$$

One year ago I bought it for $25,000.00 thru Baileys and now I am asking $21,000.00 or best offer, with only 40 hours on it.

I Don't Know I Just Got It , But I Will Let You Know.I have lifted some pretty big piece of wood but i really question if i can lift a piece of wood that weight 3000 lbs

No way will the S600 pick 3000 lbs! But with the grapple it will go places and do work that some of us can only dream about.

The grapple trailer looks like the next step for me. How is the S600 working out? I considered but went with the ASV30. About the same money but more capacity, same dealer. Can see where the narrower machine would be an advantage in tight places.

I agonized between the ASV 30 & ASV 50 for the same size and access reasons. See thread ASV30 VS ASV50 under AS Large Equipment.

Wooky 64. What are you using for power to pull that tri axle gooseneck? Does it dump or is it sold?

trailer stilll for sale

Last year I bought a triaxle grapple trailer with a 17' boom and able to lift 2,000 lbs half extended from Bailey's. The trailer works great and I was using it to pick up wood for my chainsaw carving business from arborists in the area. My hope was that I could save the arborists all the trouble of removing the logs from the sites and get paid by people that wanted the wood. to my suprise I found the people that would pay for the wood, but not enough arborists to part with the wood. If I was an arborist this would be an excellent tool, but I'm not and that is just too expensive of a tool not to be using every day as an arborist would. Paid $25,000.00 one year ago and now asking $21,000.00 or best offer.

very serious about buying trailer in next two weeks if possible and its what were lookin for

Trailer Is Still For Sale

O.K. guys I am down to $19,000.00 for the trailer. I am down to $24,000.00 for the 2002 1 ton dually Ford crew cab long bed power stroke 4x4. Or you can get the package for $40,000.00. For more information call 262-470-1397

Last edited:
Trailer still for Sale???

Wooky are you still trying to sell the trailer? I run a large firewood operation outside Pittsburgh and was interested. I have a 166 acre clearcut job this summer and a 300 acre select cut job next winter. This trailer would cut out the need for a truck driver. I have a 2004 duramax with tuneups.

There is a 2006 grapple dumpster trailer on Ebay Motors that I was really looking at but just can't swing right now with the other equipment that I have. Starting price is 12k - not sure what the reserve is. Bidding ends at 7pm central time TODAY...

How do those JMS grapple trailers contend with all that extra tongue weight while driving? I don't see how the 3/4 ton truck in the picture can handle the extra 2500? lbs of grapple and power unit. I'm very interested in either buying one or probably buying just the grapple and power unit and mounting it on my current dump trailer. I talked to my welder/fabricator and he is worried the tongue weight will be way too much for my F-350 bucket truck. If anybody knows what the secret is I'd love to know.
Thanks.

Last edited:
The weight on the tongue is between 5 to 10 % , i load it and have no problem pulling , and it;s really smooth on the highway. Duffer:clap:

Duffer,

I appreciate your response, and I don't doubt that your trailer does handle that well.
What I can't understand is that your trailer looks a lot like mine, the axles seem to be in approximately the same position, etc, and yet my trailer, with 4 ft sidewalls, weighs only about 2800 lbs.
Therefore, if I have it altered to add the 1950 lb JMS grapple and the 650 power unit on the front, the tongue weight will be increased dramatically and unacceptably.
My welder suggested that we could add another axle in front of the existing two (making it a tri-axle). But yours apparently does fine with two axles. Perhaps it is balanced differently from the manufacturer, but it just looks so similar.
I will talk with the manufacturer and try to acquire some insight from them. If it looks like the cost of alterations to my current trailer will be less cost-effective than purchasing the entire grapple trailer package from JMS, then I will go that route.
I had a little epiphany last night that, with this grapple trailer, I could place and remove my SC252 stump grinder from the back of my bucket truck. I plan to design a "bra" for the grinder with canvas straps attached to a large steel bracket that can be grabbed with the grapple. The stumper can then be placed into the yard with no need for spacey ramps or tailgates on the the truck.
Any additional insight into this tongue-weight issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nate

There is for sure more tongue weight then normal my jms weight is 2960 kilos
140000 LBS MAX WEIGHT SO I CAN ONLY LOAD 8500 POUNDS I HAVE BENT BOTH AXLES ( AT DIFFERENT TIMES) WHEN MY TIRES ARE FINISHED I WILL REPLACE THE AXLES WITH 10,000 LBS ONES ( i HAVE THE SPACE UNDER THE WHEEL WELLS) AND AS FAR AS THE TRUCK WILL START TO USE ONE OF MY 5 TONS TO PULL IT.Duffer:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back