2006 Tree Climbing Rendezvous

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moss

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hoping to see some of you at the '06 Recreational Tree Climbing Rendezvous in Mississippi. It runs 10/4-10/8, here is the basic info, more to come:

An announcement will be following with details such as courses and workshops offered. There should be a basics course, SRT course, and other good stuff to expand your climbing possibilities. Not to mention a bunch of people hanging around in trees for four days.
-moss

Rendezvous course and workshop info

Here's some more info about courses and workshops at the '06 Recreational Climbing Rendezvous. The quote is from this posting on the TCI board:

Here is a heads up on some of the activites, classes and workshops being presented at this years rendezvous.
More to come....
if anyone would like to do a presentation please u2u or email [email protected]

The workshops are at no additional cost, but remember that the instructor is donating their time and expertise.
A tip jar will be available at every workshop, please give what you can.

tree with one of the worlds leading authorities on recreational tree climbing.
Class will start at 1pm on the 4th of Oct.
A 2 1/2 day course with materials and certificate upon completion of course.
cost- $400.00

Workshops that will be held during the Rendezvous - (more to add later)

Tree Hazard identification - by Peter Jenkins
Learn how the Treeman checks the health of the trees he climbs
and what is expected for a certified tame facilitating tree.
2 hour workshop

Enter into Treetime - by Tim Kovar
Learn to use your other senses while climbing. This workshop will guide you into the deeper levels of treetime. You must be experienced with traditional DRT climbing and be able to tie all of your notes blindfolded.
4 hour workshop class size limited

Climbing with Bob Wray - by Bob Wray
Come and experience the "Way of the Wray". Bob has a very unique way of introducing tree climbing to his students and the public. His teaching and approach to the trees is a little different than the other tree climbing instructors that are out there. If you haven't had a chance to climb with Bob, don't miss this opportunity.
4 hour workshop

The Dan and Stan Show - by Dan House and Stan Stalnaker
These KC boys have been attending tree climbing gatherings for as long as the gatherings have been around. They are the masters of homemade gadgets for your tree climbing adventures. No telling what will be included in this workshop - but be prepared for a mind blowing experience.
4 hour workshop

TreeBoat Rigging - by Viola Brumbaugh
New Tribes, Viola will be giving pointers on how to properly rig your treeboat in the canopy along with all the extras that go along with your treeboat. ex - rainfly, mozzie nets, tents etc.. If you own a treeboat and the accessories that go with it you don't want to miss the "spiderwoman" in action.
4 hour workshop

A big SHOW and TELL will happen on Saturday afternoon, if you got something you want to share with the climbing community, bring it. Time will be limited so please no "How to rig a piano in the canopy" demonstration. If interested in presenting a story, technique, or climbing style please find Tengu as soon as you arrive at camp.

How about a "pimp your treeboat" contest to see who can come up with the sweetest boat in the canopy?? Any takers???

Night Presentations-
This is becoming a favorite at the RTCRs. This years talks will include guest speakers from TCUSA, TCI, NewTribe, TCColorado, TCTaiwan and others. There will also be an "Open Mic" night, if you have something to say this is the time.

moss said:
Here's some more info about courses and workshops at the '06 Recreational Climbing Rendezvous.

Moss, I would very much like to attend a rescue training session at the rendezvous if one could be made available and would gladly pay for it. I tried to join the forum to make that comment, but was unable to register for some reason (was asked for a password, but never got a chance to enter a password in the application).

Also, some "Facilitator" training would be excellent. Can you put in a word for me on it?

Fireaxman said:
Moss, I would very much like to attend a rescue training session at the rendezvous if one could be made available and would gladly pay for it. I tried to join the forum to make that comment, but was unable to register for some reason (was asked for a password, but never got a chance to enter a password in the application).

Also, some "Facilitator" training would be excellent. Can you put in a word for me on it?

Will do on the rescue training. For the facilitator training that's a 4-day course, Genevieve Summers in Georgia is the closest instructor to you who's teaching it. It's a good course, includes rescue and everything you need to know about running climbs from A-Z. Tim Kovar does facilitator training on the west coast, he'll be at the rendezvous and would probably be glad to chat with you about what it's all about.
-moss

Moss, I e-mailed them about my problem getting in on the forum, and got a very quick response. I was able to post something tonight. Thanks.

Moss, update the workshop list!!!

There's one more...some people might like it.

Nick Araya, expert splicer and a great friend of the Rec. Tree climbing community, will be hosting a rope splicing workshop at this years Rendezvous in MS.
Some of you may have some of Nicks wonderful work already, but if you'd like to learn how the master does it - this is a workshop knot to be missed.

Nick mentioned that class size is limited and the students must bring some of their own tools.
The splicing workshop will last about 4hours.

Here is the "what to bring list";

scrap pieces of climbing rope
good pair of scissors
sharpie
roll of masking tape
small measuring tape
awl, to pull strands

Im sure Nick is watching this thread, so if you have any questions please post them here, as others may have the same questions.

That is from treeclimbing.com

I hope y'all sign up for it...we can cover whatever you want!

love
nick

Hi!

I live at the camp where the 2006 Rendezous was held.

I just wanted to say "hi" to all the wonderful folks I met out there. Ya'll have created a new family of recreational climbers. We can't wait to start learning.

Jan

CBG_Dweller said:
I live at the camp where the 2006 Rendezous was held.

I just wanted to say "hi" to all the wonderful folks I met out there. Ya'll have created a new family of recreational climbers. We can't wait to start learning.

Jan

Hello, Jan...Gary Layton here. Carl (aka Lumberjack on other sites) and I are the ones who took the aerial shots of the camp and downloaded them to you Sunday night.

I am sure there will be some great reports (on this site and others) that tell about what a wonderful place Camp Bratton Green is. We had free access to many hundreds of acres of well cared for forest land, full of many exceptional trees, bamboo groves, open fields, lakes...CBG was a great site for a Rendezvous.

I am sure Lance will be coming back to enjoy your Camp and get your whole family up into the trees. I will email you a link to a site where lots of pictures will be posted.

Latest posts

Back