2007 Woodsman 750

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CVSTree

Reaction score
Greetings,
I have searched the forum and found a small amount of info on the woodsman chippers.

Two questions for anyone who owns one or has owned one:

How does it pull material/branch unions in with the single feed-wheel?
-I'm use to dual feed roller disk chippers

How is it finding parts since they are no longer being made?

We have started to do more removals and currently have a altec 1317. its a reliable machine and I love the kubota diesel but we are maxing it out a lot and it doesn't pull material in like a bandit does.

Thank you

Greetings,
I have searched the forum and found a small amount of info on the woodsman chippers.

Two questions for anyone who owns one or has owned one:

How does it pull material/branch unions in with the single feed-wheel?
-I'm use to dual feed roller disk chippers

How is it finding parts since they are no longer being made?

We have started to do more removals and currently have a altec 1317. its a reliable machine and I love the kubota diesel but we are maxing it out a lot and it doesn't pull material in like a bandit does.

Thank you
Hey CVSTree,

I own a 2010 Woodsman 750 with 2700 hours on it. I’ve never been upset with it’s ability pull material through and crush branch unions. It is a drum chipper. If you haven’t run a drum before it does help pull material in, sometimes much faster than you can anticipate. I also have a lift/crush cylinder on mine. If your Altec doesn’t have a lift/crush option that would be a very huge upgrade in and of itself. Last time in inquired (earlier this year) with altec service about adding one to a DC1317 (I was looking into it as a backup unit), they acted like they’ve never heard of one on that machine… Which we all know they do exist. I digress.

I haven’t had issues with finding parts. Landmark Machinery (https://landmarkmachinery.com/) has most everything you can’t find in an auto/hardware store. Woodsman’s are some impressive chippers. I have always been very happy with mine. I will be buying a second one as an upgrade to my backup chipper soon.

Back