200t bad piston and cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgehogtree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I put a new carb on and it never ran right. I took it to the dealer and I got a call today saying it's a bad piston and cylinder. They quoted me $345 to fix it. Does this sound right? I would spend the money if this is the problem, but that sounds high and not a common problem with this saw. I can replace it myself, what do the parts cost?

These guys do good work, and so far have been straight with me, but $345 sounds high.

What shall I do :dizzy:

I went to the dealer today and looked at the saw. Piston looks all scratched up on the exhaust side, so it needs it. The parts cost around $222 for a p and c!

I will be a little more diligent on making sure the carb is not set too lean. I think this all happened because we had a bad carb on the saw for too long.

ms 200t

slow down a minute now maybe you can save the cyl and put a meteor pist in from baileys about 40.00 also you are going to spend money so you want to make sure its not lean because its suckin air.pics of the cyl would help can you feel the ridges with your fingernail?send a pic of the cyl and take it from there first before you spend all that money.

Back