2077 oil problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekcutter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have read the threads I can find about removing the clutch and getting to the oil pump. However, having never torn in to one of these, do I need a puller to get the clutch off the crankshaft? After that will it be obvious as to proceeding with checking the pump, pump gears, etc to make sure everything is or is not ok? I'm pretty mechanical but have only done routine maintenance on saws over the years.
I have looked at the parts diagrams and other than being backwards they lack a little in clarity.

Your clutch is threaded on with a left hand thread. backwards to a normal thead. I sold my saw a year ago and I don't remember how it removed. some are made to take a socket and some take a special clutch tool. Remove the eclip and clutch drum and you should be able to tell if a socket will work or not. Rick!

Thanks, I should have known that, I took the clutch off my 2152 a few weeks ago with the tool I bought. It might fit this saw too. If not I've seen videos of another procedure that can be used to remove it.

The small clutch removal tool for the 2152 won't work. So I took the plug out, stuffed braided cord in to stop the piston, and carefully used a aluminum rod and brass hammer to attempt to loosen the clutch. No go. I will need to order a clutch tool just to find out what's wrong with the oil system. If anyone has a better idea feel free to share the knowledge I don't have.
Also, once I get to the oil pump and parts, are there members on this site that still have or can get these parts. I see some 2077/2083 parts at Jacks Small Engine, Lil Red Barn, Saw Again, etc on the web, but it doesn't look like any one source has everything.????

Latest posts

Back