2153 test run

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONSSTIHL

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Finally got it into some wood tonight,

I only got in about 4 cuts in some 6" dia pine but all I can say is " silky smooth"
compared to my 021. I can't wait to get it into some bigger hardwood and really try it out

Worked mine too......

Set the 2153 up with an 18" Total bar with 3/8 Oregon full chisel chain tonight (Thanks Spike). Set up about 10 logs about 10 ' long and ranging from 12" to 20" dia. Cherry, locust, ash, and oak.

Gassed up and it was off to the races. Turned out to be a real nice and productive cutting session.

Some of the things I liked: plenty of power, decent fuel economy, and its light.

What really grabs my attention is how the Elux mounting/AV setup really shines on this saw. Tough to describe but its almost like the saw "scissors on itself" like a some kind of shock absorber. Certainly does not feel like cutting with say, an 026 or a 5100S. Just the right amount of chassis flex.

The 2153 is a fine saw indeed and mated with a 2171, you're set.:)

Finally got it into some wood tonight,

I only got in about 4 cuts in some 6" dia pine but all I can say is " silky smooth"
compared to my 021. I can't wait to get it into some bigger hardwood and really try it out
Good to hear you like your new saw!
Once you had Red&Black you will never go back. Now I wish I had some hard woods to cut with my saw's:mad:

What really grabs my attention is how the Elux mounting/AV setup really shines on this saw. Tough to describe but its almost like the saw "scissors on itself" like a some kind of shock absorber. Certainly does not feel like cutting with say, an 026 or a 5100S. Just the right amount of chassis flex.

The 2153 is a fine saw indeed .......

Sure it is a fine saw, one of Husqvarnas best designs.........:clap: :clap:

...sorry, just had too......:D :biggrinbounce2:

Last edited:
well, got into some more wood on sat. and I'm even more impressed. I cut 1.5 pick up truck loads of 16" dia pine and only burned one tank of gas so it really is fuel efficient and great power but I had to richen it up a little half way through it was hitting the limiter. And did i say it was smooth. I still can't believe how smooth this thing cuts compared to my 021.

I have two weeks off so If the weather holds out I should be able to get it into some hardwood by the end of the week.

Just a quick question the last piece at the stump was too big so I ripped it in half. I know the husqvarna h42 chain that came with it was sharp and it isn't ripping chain but from hearing you guys talk about noodles i was surprised when all that came out was very fine dust, what a dissappointment. I cut straight in from the top of the stump not down into the side where the bark is. any tips for noodle making. If my common sense is right I'm guessing next time I need to cut in from the side???

thanks

well, got into some more wood on sat. and I'm even more impressed. I cut 1.5 pick up truck loads of 16" dia pine and only burned one tank of gas so it really is fuel efficient and great power but I had to richen it up a little half way through it was hitting the limiter. And did i say it was smooth. I still can't believe how smooth this thing cuts compared to my 021.

I have two weeks off so If the weather holds out I should be able to get it into some hardwood by the end of the week.

Just a quick question the last piece at the stump was too big so I ripped it in half. I know the husqvarna h42 chain that came with it was sharp and it isn't ripping chain but from hearing you guys talk about noodles i was surprised when all that came out was very fine dust, what a dissappointment. I cut straight in from the top of the stump not down into the side where the bark is. any tips for noodle making. If my common sense is right I'm guessing next time I need to cut in from the side???

thanks

To make noodles you have to cut side to side (bark to bark) not top to bottom (cut to cut)

To make noodles you have to cut side to side (bark to bark) not top to bottom (cut to cut)

Yes, and noodle cutting is not the strong side of that saw, because of the outboard clutch and "busy" area under the clutch cover.
Cut at a slight angle, to make the best out of it.

Back