2159 won't hold idle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackpine savage

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Any ideas 2159 runs great cold but after 5 mins of running it will idle for about 30 seconds then it fall on it face and then is hard to start all filter new new plug tryed all i know anyone have eny ideas.

Any ideas 2159 runs great cold but after 5 mins of running it will idle for about 30 seconds then it fall on it face and then is hard to start all filter new new plug tryed all i know anyone have eny ideas.

Try unscrewing the gas cap to let air into the tank. If it starts easy after that if could be a bad tank vent. Not an expert, but one will be along shortly.

Welcome to AS, especially to a fellow JRed man. :cheers:

In the next day or two I am going to start diging into it. the thing is to scary to work with when you have to walk around all day always on the gas. just looking for some good ideas of thing to start looking for so i dont wast any more time and get it back in the wood

my 359 did that stock for somereason..only way to run it again was take out spark plug and crank it over for about 15 sec. non stop thenput it back together and presto..like new....once a day if ran hard..now id doesnt do it..no idea y..

Impulse passages. Metering gasket breather holes(tiny) obstructed. Gasket can swell and partially block opening. Rebuild carb, pay close attention to small openings and the carb boot(impulse line), air filter metering gasket opening, and boot clamp, replace any and all if misshapen-ed, burnt, crispy, discolored.

If your saw is not running correctly you should stop using it. Your $20.00 easy repair is destined to become much more expensive.

my 359 did that stock for somereason..only way to run it again was take out spark plug and crank it over for about 15 sec. non stop thenput it back together and presto..like new....once a day if ran hard..now id doesnt do it..no idea y..

Did you smoke a big cigar and blow the smoke at the saw? A little chicken blood perhaps? :clap: :clap: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back