Ms 261 won’t idle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeena2

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’m having trouble with my ms261. It is hard to start. When I get it running it won’t idle. The saw is 5-7 years old. It’s the Mtronic version with the captured bar nuts. So I started by replacing the fuel filter. Then the spark plug. I cleaned the air filter and put new gas in it. I removed the spark arrestor. None of the parts replaced or inspected looked faulty. The problem still persist. I have already used it to cut a trailer load of firewood this year prior to these issues. What should I try next?

I’m having trouble with my ms261. It is hard to start. When I get it running it won’t idle. The saw is 5-7 years old. It’s the Mtronic version with the captured bar nuts. So I started by replacing the fuel filter. Then the spark plug. I cleaned the air filter and put new gas in it. I removed the spark arrestor. None of the parts replaced or inspected looked faulty. The problem still persist. I have already used it to cut a trailer load of firewood this year prior to these issues. What should I try next?
Try a new fuel solenoid.

Have you done a reboot yet?

Back