2171 Rat Rod project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mweba

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This is another saw in a box project. Saw came with an already ported cylinder and two pop up pistons. Unfortunately, the clutch side case half was cracked and I have been in search of one for a month now. Ended up with a Johnny FW side case half mated to a 365 clutch side with a 372 crank LOL. While it was split I decided to paint it matte blk like the old rat rods were done up.

Didn't get to far with it today but here is some pics for ya.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Kit is a BB and like I said was already ported. Made just a couple changes to see what could be had from it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Love the black, it's gonna look cool! I love the frankensaws for that.. if it isn't built to fetch a price on EBAY, why not have fun with it, eh? I saw a guy who did the top cover on his MS360 with black bedliner.... it was a nice change.

This ought to be good!!
You should have it running for the Iowa GTG!

Looks like I'm on pace! I sure hope it runs good. Ports are on the ragged edge. May just drag another cylinder along for a NASCAR change out if need be LOL

What did you use for paint? Looks awesome.

Valspar High temp believe it or not. I like the look of it and its rock hard after a baking.

Will get more pics up as it progresses.

Looks great. I enjoy learning about which parts can be swapped over to other saws. Piston swaps are cool as well for trying to get full skirt pistons into ported saws so the ports can be made really wide.

If you paint the plastic the right shade of yellow you could sell that bad boy to some local sucker for beaucoup bucko.

Mark

Double Eagle 3-72?

LOL got me good on that one.

Latest posts

Back