2260 wh?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcS

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone know if we'll get a heated handle version of the 2260 in the US? Or even the 2253?

Bump. Any word on this yet? Hardly any Arctic stuff from Stihl in the US, now no Jonsered WH stuff except for the 2172. I know I can get XPG in pretty much any model but I like my red saws.

l ran into the same problem wanting a 2260 with heated hande and wrap bar..can't be done in red unless you go orange & get 562xpgw. You can get wrap handle on red saw though just not heated handle.

It sucks because they already build them, just need to ship some to us. Don't know how much difference it makes for us that want them to keep hounding dealers and then they'll bug their distributers?

You may take something from this, maybe not. Last year when I needed a MS 261 C-M VW arctic, I tried to buy one in the US. The local dealer, thee of the regional distributors, and Stihl VA Beach were not able to supply me one. I was forced to buy from Canada, with an inflated DSRP, double the sales tax, and no warranty. But I satisfied my need, and am happy with the saw.

:eek: I'm sure it is the most sold version here, and can't really imagine they have quit making them!
Maybe not selling them over here. Spike said 30 sku numbers were going away in husky/jonsered and a lot of heated handles were gone.

Ya, we know that. Mainly just wanted to get the conversation going and get customers and dealers to start pushing for this stuff.

Maybe not selling them over here. Spike said 30 sku numbers were going away in husky/jonsered and a lot of heated handles were gone.
I remember he said something like that (on another forum), but thought it was about larger saws - but my memory may of course be off.....

I wanted to get the 2260 WH, My dealer got on the phone with the distributor. They told him they were not avail because they didn't have the electrical certification.. If what he was told is true a regular saw gets certified and the WH version needs to have another government certification.. That's what I understood..o_O

Bruno.

Back