24 hour burn!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this post and thought that I would throw in my two cents. I am a company man, but I am not stretching the truth when I tell you this...

I am heating 3600 sq. ft., new construction 2 years ago. Forced air with heat exchanger on the main level and in floor system in the unfinished basement.

I like being comfortable so my temp on the main level is set at 74 - 75 at all times and I keep the basement floor at 75 degrees as well, mainly because I really don't go down there much.

Long story short I average 24hrs per load in my WoodMaster 4400 in extreme Northern Minnesota. Oh, and my stove is 100 plus feet from the house. So needless to say I am very pleased with my 4400.:rock:

Last edited:
Well the recent cold snap sure has changed my loading habits. All through December I would put about 6 - 8 branches that were 36" long and about 2"-4" in diameter in the morning and night and they would keep me warm for 12 hours or so. The temperature in December was probaby about a 40 average here. This last week we have been down near 3 degrees on night, in the teens for a few days, and yesterday it was 18 in the evening and 8 degrees this morning. I am putting a whole bunch of those little limbs in the OWB.

The good news is that I have been burning since October and I have gone through about 3 chords of limbs, and that is about half of what I stacked beside the OWB to get me through this winter. The rest of the stack is limbs that are a bit bigger - but it is all cedar. The bad news is that these little limbs sure do make a really thick layer of coals that is hard to get raked up and burned easily in my Woodmaster.

Back