24hr Side table

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimosawboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The wife asked me to make a ''nesting''table for a table she already has. Basically she wanted a duplicate made that would fit under /between the original.
Knowing I only needed a few board I elected to forgo the mill and just freehand a few pieces. This wood had been down for about three years and was destined for the firewood pile, but it happened to fit the dimensions I needed.
Diced it up yesterday/ planed all the pieces and put the top together with biscuits. I new there was going to be some cracking so I threw a heat lamp on it to get it over with quickly. Last night I checked and there was one crack in the top, so I filled with glue and put a butterfly key in for good measure and clamped the hell out of it.
Today was just assembling it together/final sand and viola.
G Vavra

The wife asked me to make a ''nesting''table for a table she already has. Basically she wanted a duplicate made that would fit under /between the original.
Knowing I only needed a few board I elected to forgo the mill and just freehand a few pieces. This wood had been down for about three years and was destined for the firewood pile, but it happened to fit the dimensions I needed.
Diced it up yesterday/ planed all the pieces and put the top together with biscuits. I new there was going to be some cracking so I threw a heat lamp on it to get it over with quickly. Last night I checked and there was one crack in the top, so I filled with glue and put a butterfly key in for good measure and clamped the hell out of it.
Today was just assembling it together/final sand and viola.
G Vavra

Nice job on the table! I'm sure the wife loves you even more?
I'm making quilt hangers for the wifey now.

Thanks for the pictures.

jerry-

Nice. Now that's pushing the envelope. Good job, hope it works out.

180437d1303079434-dsc05455-jpg

Thanks
The wood is Fir, like I said it's been down awhile. I will let it acclimate for a few days before I put a finish on it. I have used the heat lamp method before and usually if anything is going to happen to the wood it will happen under higher than norm temps.
Now I will try to make a full size dinning table, but with some slabs that I have had for a few years.
G Vavra

Who's your convict du jour now?
The mods deleted convict Martin so I replaced him with convict Rosa Parks, a heroine of the US civil rights movement. If Rosa ever gets deleted, I've already got another troublemaker lined up to be my next avatar, famous PNW logger Wesley Everest.
attachment.php

How's the chipper mill business these days, Brad ?

Back