25 saws for $200

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob Hedgecutter

Bob Hedgecutter

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I like the better price that shows when you hover the mouse cursor over the photos. ;)
There are some interesting bits and pieces in that pile of cryogenically frozen relics, probably an easy $200 of parts once thawed- if someone is looking for those parts, they are still in reasonable condition after thawing and you can wait maybe five years for them to sell.

Bob Hedgecutter

Bob Hedgecutter

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I see a 61, an 026, a 3400?, a decent sized partner, a decent sized Alpina, a PL-4, a medium sized Pioneer, a Super EZ, maybe a Homie 101? I’d get ‘em, strip/scrap the crap saws, “bulk lot” the bars, and fix/sell the “good” ones.

What? No love for the 600 series McCullochs? :surprised3:

Woodslasher

Woodslasher

Make McCulloch Great Again!
. AS Supporting Member.
What? No love for the 600 series McCullochs? :surprised3:
No. Just.... no. I call all non-mag saws that aren’t from the Big Three “plastic fantastics” and mentally relegate them to scrap. Maybe if I ran one I’d change my mind but the 3 or 4 that have passed through my hands didn’t pique my interest enough to add them to my project list.

Bob Hedgecutter

Bob Hedgecutter

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
No. Just.... no. I call all non-mag saws that aren’t from the Big Three “plastic fantastics” and mentally relegate them to scrap. Maybe if I ran one I’d change my mind but the 3 or 4 that have passed through my hands didn’t pique my interest enough to add them to my project list.

Nope- running them does not make them any better! :laugh:

Pioneer

Pioneer

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
This is turning into "identify that hulk"! Some interesting stuff like the pioneer/partner 400, the mid(?) size partner, the large poulan, the husqvarna. Brands from a to z, looks like someone didn't play favorites. Seems they were left to rot outside in true hoarder style, really hard on a saw. A shame as you could have doubled the salvageable parts if they were stored properly.

rupedoggy

rupedoggy

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I would have jumped on it. Trade, give, sell what you can and keep what you want. Great way to pass away Covid blues, with a good project. Right now I would love a project. My biggest hurdle is a place to work on them and then where to keep them, for now.
Use your time to build a shed. Then get project saws. Mike

Latest posts