260 and 440 deal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you say what the 1122 650 7700 costs at dealer? Wondering if I can do without for now or order one myself. I can't help you with the difference but maybe they are shorter on the 360/036's.

I didn't ask what they cost, I think they are around $8 but not sure.

What I really ordered was 1122 650 7700 and 361/362 duel spike kit
which comes with the 1135 roller.

TT

The 260 is worth what he is asking for it, if it is in good shape, not beat up and runs good. The 440 would likely be my choice for the second saw, and if it is in great shape, it is probably worth 500, though that is a rather high price. I would pay more at a dealer than on ebay, and they go in the high 400s all day there. Great saw, the 044/440. New ones are hard to come by, and would bring 750 or so. I saw a new 440 powerhead only go for 850 on fleabay a couple of years ago. 460 is a bit more powerful, but a bit heavier, and uses a good bit more fuel, I hear. 460 is 929.00 MSRP new. All are good saws.

thanks again for all of you help in making the decision. The 260 and 440 were both bought from his shop. The 260 is around 1 year old and still has the original chain on it and it looks about brand new. The 440 is about 3 years old and deffinatly has some more use, but all of the plastic is in great shape( no cracks, stains, or missing parts). But is there anything that you guys would check for sure before i would buy the 440? I thought about asking him if he knew how much compression it had? and i was told to check the air filter previously on the thread. I'm still going to try to talk him down alittle or get him to throw in some things on the deal. But i would much rather buy from him then fleabay, even if it is just alittle more. Had it in my hands running yesterday( seemed good to me, idled great and had lots of power, had an oak log that i tried it out on). He told me his policy with used saws is that you can use them for a week and if it is not what you want or expecting you can bring it back and get the exact money back if you are not satisfied.

. He told me his policy with used saws is that you can use them for a week and if it is not what you want or expecting you can bring it back and get the exact money back if you are not satisfied.

You dont get that with ebay. I would pay pay a few dollars more for that. Sounds like a good dealer. Good luck with the choices.

That sounds like a good dealer to me. They are sticking their necks out a little on used saws and if he backs them that well, then he is probably pretty good.

Since you are planning to buy two saws, I would think he may give you a little better deal in one way or another.

My dealer sells rebuilt saws and usually will give a 30-90 day warranty depending on the age of the saw. I look at it 2 ways. You can ask for a package deal..say $675 for both the 260 and the 440. Or you could pay his price and ask for add-ons like premix, oil, filters etc. But remember, this guy's trying to make a living like the rest of us, so if you're fair to him, he'll be good to you down the road when you need him.

Edit: Finding a good used 260, 440 and 460 all in the same spot...and with the backing of a dealer...is a rare thing indeed. So don't lose out on a unique opportunity.

Last edited:
I just got back. I don't know if i hit a home run with the money end of things. But i think these saws are just about as close to new as you can get ( the 260 more so then the 440, but both look in very good condition) And i'm okay with the money end of it because these saws are gonna run for a loong time, and for being a first time buyer at that shop, like litefoot said, i don't wanna ruin a good thing,. I'm self employed and i know everyone needs to make a living. Got both saws for 750 and each saw got a new chain, plus the one on the saw. I bought some pre mix, bar oil, and some files and i don't know if it was his cost or not, but he gave me a pretty good break on that stuff( both air filters looked in good shape). So maybe i could of found a "cheaper" deal somewhere else, but i think this way i got the "better" deal hopefully in the long run. And he told again before i left, if something isn't right or you don't like them, bring them back no questions asked.

( he sold the 460 yesterday, and a guy was looking at the 440. I'm glad i put money down yesterday:biggrinbounce2:)

I just got back. I don't know if i hit a home run with the money end of things. But i think these saws are just about as close to new as you can get ( the 260 more so then the 440, but both look in very good condition) And i'm okay with the money end of it because these saws are gonna run for a loong time, and for being a first time buyer at that shop, like litefoot said, i don't wanna ruin a good thing,. I'm self employed and i know everyone needs to make a living. Got both saws for 750 and each saw got a new chain, plus the one on the saw. I bought some pre mix, bar oil, and some files and i don't know if it was his cost or not, but he gave me a pretty good break on that stuff( both air filters looked in good shape). So maybe i could of found a "cheaper" deal somewhere else, but i think this way i got the "better" deal hopefully in the long run. And he told again before i left, if something isn't right or you don't like them, bring them back no questions asked.

( he sold the 460 yesterday, and a guy was looking at the 440. I'm glad i put money down yesterday:biggrinbounce2:)

Good deal!!....................Does 440 have the DP muffler cover?
I think the last one I bought was $35, I do remember it was cheaper than one for 066/660

TT

TT

I took some pics, and figured out how to get them on the computer, but i can't get them from the computer to be able to post them. i tried to serch for info on how to post pics but i didn't find anything. Does someone know how to explain it, or can send me the link to read how to, because i'm sure it has been asked before.

I took some pics, and figured out how to get them on the computer, but i can't get them from the computer to be able to post them. i tried to serch for info on how to post pics but i didn't find anything. Does someone know how to explain it, or can send me the link to read how to, because i'm sure it has been asked before.

The link below is to the best How To Post Photos On ArboristSite thread that I've found. One thing to check before trying to post images is make sure they are under 300K.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=65204

Deadeye's saw pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I sent and email to someone with the pics attached he said he would help me put them up. If i didn't send them right to him and he can't get them up i will try tonight, keeps saying size to big, must not be under then 300k.I gotta get some work done and go cut a load of wood( gotta put these saws through there paces) before it gets dark. thanks everyone for your help!!

I sent and email to someone with the pics attached he said he would help me put them up. If i didn't send them right to him and he can't get them up i will try tonight, keeps saying size to big, must not be under then 300k.I gotta get some work done and go cut a load of wood( gotta put these saws through there paces) before it gets dark. thanks everyone for your help!!

Ya I was able to get them up...i had to resize the pics.

The saws look good and let us know how they work after you get to run them through their paces.

Congratulations!!!! I wonder how much the 290 will get used now... :laugh: I would have been tempted to try and part ex it against the 260 and 440... I think it will just sit in your shed from now on! lol.

Congratulations!!!! I wonder how much the 290 will get used now... :laugh: I would have been tempted to try and part ex it against the 260 and 440... I think it will just sit in your shed from now on! lol.
hey now quit picking on the 290. It will probably stay parked like your 357 once you get your 262 going ;). However if he decides to sell it on ebay or craigslist they bring real good money.

Latest posts

Back