Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea, the 260 is prolly smoke and mirrors-

and I bet beefie smokes a bunch of guys with it at the GTG :eek:uttahere2:

Post up a slow saw, and you dont know what you are doing. Post up a fast one, and you are cheating/ its a race saw, no woods port, etc. haha

go ahead and say anything ya want beefie- if you say it is slow we can rag on scott and if ya like it we can call ya a cheerleader and rag on scott-

startin to think AS is BS

I for one am very impressed with the way the saw turned out. I asked Scott to do his Woods port on it nothing fancy and that's what he did is a woods port. I always felt this saw was a turd but now after seeing the vid I think I will be really happy with the money I spent.

He also did my 361, I have run another 361 that he did for some one else and was really impreeed with that as well. That is why I gave my saws to Scott.

When a logger can run one of his saws all day in the wods without any issues that says a lot to me. With no worries year after year.

You ney sayers can call it what you want but he does really good work, and gets the most out of a saw with out making it into a cookie cutter machine.

Beefie

I for one am very impressed with the way the saw turned out. I asked Scott to do his Woods port on it nothing fancy and that's what he did is a woods port. I always felt this saw was a turd but now after seeing the vid I think I will be really happy with the money I spent.

He also did my 361, I have run another 361 that he did for some one else and was really impreeed with that as well. That is why I gave my saws to Scott.

When a logger can run one of his saws all day in the wods without any issues that says a lot to me. With no worries year after year.

You ney sayers can call it what you want but he does really good work, and gets the most out of a saw with out making it into a cookie cutter machine.

Beefie

thanks beefie
i'm sure you will injoy the saw

Just for the record, I did not say that TM does bad work or that he's a bad guy. I don't know him or his work well enough to have an opinion. All I'm saying is that a woods port does not create a >60% improvement in cut times, not in any saw, from any builder. That's all.

Just for the record, I did not say that TM does bad work or that he's a bad guy. I don't know him or his work well enough to have an opinion. All I'm saying is that a woods port does not create a >60% improvement in cut times, not in any saw, from any builder. That's all.

I agree....I have not run a bunch of new saws, but I have run a bunch of new motorcycles when I worked at a dealership in the early 80's. I can tell you, all new bike motors are not the same. I rode about 40 brand new turbo charged XS650 bikes and there were a few that were complete dogs, kinda like that saw in the "before" vid.....and there were a few others that would rip a wheel-stand down the freeway at 60 miles an hour....that was off the showroom floor.

Maybe there was something wrong with the saw "before"........ that the Monkey fixed during the port job.

Or possibly it's the bigger wood that he used on the "after" vid, but wouldn't that be inconvenient? :msp_biggrin:

Last edited:
That is a huge improvement over stock, looks to have gained alot of torque and rpm. Would you care to give a little more detail of what you done here?

why don't you send some saws down to my gtg and prove me wrong.
all talk and no action

I agree....I have not run a bunch of new saws, but I have run a bunch of new motorcycles when I worked at a dealership in the early 80's. I can tell you, all new bike motors are not the same. I rode about 40 brand new turbo charged XS650 bikes and there were a few that were complete dogs, kinda like that saw in the "before" vid.....and there were a few others that would rip a wheel-stand down the freeway at 60 miles an hour....that was off the showroom floor.

Maybe there was something wrong with the saw "before"........ that the Monkey fixed during the port job.

Or possibly it's the bigger wood that he used on the "after" vid, but wouldn't that be inconvenient? :msp_biggrin:

I don't want to have this thread turn into a big BS thread.

I joined AS after lookimg for a small saw to have to go with my 044. I like the Stihl's and was told that a 260pro was a good choice for a small pro saw. So I bought one new. It took 30 cords of wood before I thought the saw was worth keeping otherwise I thought it was a turd. I figured if I didn't like it after the woods port I was going to sell it and use the money towards a 660, and keep my 361 for my small saw. I think the Vid shows what I am talking about in the before. Just not right.

The after vid is really impressive, and I can't wait to try it. I no for a fact that Scott would not build a saw that you can't make a living with. He logs himself and trys new things on his saws, and then runs them in the woods to see for him self how they hold up. What other builder does that, and by no means am I calling anyone out as ther are some very fine builders here that do really good work.

I think the wood is the same log in both vids just looks different with and without snow.

I don't hang out in the chainsaw forum all that often do to the putting down of others, but I do respect people to have there own opinions.

Beefie

beefie your casting a broad net when you make such statements like you did (what other builders do that). there are two other builders on here that run what they build for a living. i dont want to get into any pissing matches becouse there just not my thing but when someones out of line youdam skippy ill speak up.

i think he means the saw. he scared it's faster then his:msp_wub:

I was talking about the thread...the saw seems to run really well for a woods port. BTW I'm not afraid of any chainsaw or anybody for that matter:msp_wink:

Latest posts

Back