272 Husqvarna ChiCom Cylinder... $30!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallfarmboy

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Have been surfing ebay for a 272 cylinder for my 61... Well, found an aftermarket one for $30,and that was SHIPPED!
It just arrived today... Intake looks ok, decent chamfer.
View attachment 275571
Same with the exhaust...
View attachment 275574
BUT, one of the transfers has a bit of a casting flaw...
View attachment 275575
Should I be worried about that on the lower transfer? It's recessed, just looks ugly.

Piston looks decent, BUT... This was shipped to me without a ring. Anyone have a 52mm ring for a 272 laying around?

I want to make a step by step with this build.... The price was about 1/3 of the other China cylinders, so I didn't hesitate...
Y'all say a prayer for me! Diving into this next week... Hopefully.
TFB

If the cylinder seems to have a casting flaw and you're missing a ring, just tell them you want it replaced. (Unless you are pressed time wise). They'll probably send you another one.

I think this might have been a closeout... The seller only had this one, and, after looking, there wasn't a picture of a ring in the picture on the auction.
Paying for the shipping back would probably cost more than a new ring. I don't think he has any other on eBay.

Buy a new ring. Husky or Caber. I wouldn't run the ring(s) that come in those kits. Prolly be best to use an OEM type circlip on the wristpin too.

I think this might have been a closeout... The seller only had this one, and, after looking, there wasn't a picture of a ring in the picture on the auction.
Paying for the shipping back would probably cost more than a new ring. I don't think he has any other on eBay.

Did the listing say it included a ring? If it did, then you received an item "not as described" and can get a refund or replacement. If it didn't say it included a ring, then you received what you purchased. Regarding the "flaw", that seems to be pretty minor and I would probably ignore it.

You will of course need a 272xp carb as well + maybe the intake, if you have any aspiration about the saw making 272xp power - the original setup on a 61 will simply not do.
Another issue is that a Chi-Com copy of a 272xp top end likely won't either, regardless what other parts are on the saw....

Last edited:
You will of course need a 272xp carb as well + maybe the intake, if you have any aspiration about the saw making 272xp power - the original setup on a 61 will simply not do.
Another issue is that a Chi-Com copy of a 272xp top end likely won't either, regardless what other parts are on the saw....

Seems like on my 266xp we had to use the 272 intake, carb and bolts to do the conversion to the 272 cylinder

Back