• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 272xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RanchDad

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a cosmetically decent, preferably oem 272xp. Anyone have one they're willing to part with for a reasonable sum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A reasonable amount would vary, depending on condition of the saw.

Too bad we didn't talk last summer, I sold a very nice one, but it might have been out of the reasonable sum specifications lol.
Hope all is well.
Trusted buyer here guys, does just what he says he's going to, gotta love that :).
Here's the original ad, I still have the 044 for some reason, but I'm okay with that.
I may be getting the saw back sometime and can check on it if you'd like, not sure of the condition now or the price.
He only used it for firewood this last fall and hasn't used it much since. He also takes pretty good care of his equipment.
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/70cc-husky-jonsered-and-stihl.302571/

I'm willing to look at what you have and listen to what you want for it. If we can agree on it's value then I'll pay you for it, if we can't agree on a price then no harm.

quite beating the guy up. His request was a simple one- PM him, give him your asking price and details.

If it works out, great. If not, no problem.

And if not knowing his price range makes the 2 min that it takes to send over a picture and a price- then move on.

Sorry- but the lack of manners on this site gets old at times. Chipper vouched for the guy , not that It was needed, but it certainly speaks volumes.

quite beating the guy up. His request was a simple one- PM him, give him your asking price and details.

If it works out, great. If not, no problem.

And if not knowing his price range makes the 2 min that it takes to send over a picture and a price- then move on.

Sorry- but the lack of manners on this site gets old at times. Chipper vouched for the guy , not that It was needed, but it certainly speaks volumes.
It can help the buyer/seller a lot if they list a price and are up front with it. I think that it's good manners to also not waste 2 min of 50 peoples time as not everyone has the same flexibility as others do to be on here a lot. Basically manners work both ways and a lot of the times the 2 mins turns into leading people on and keeping them on the hook until they can find the best deal(kinda like a reverse eBay sort of thing o_O), been there. I'm not at all saying RanchDad is that way it's just something I've experienced.
If I have good experiences with people or products I try to share that, thanks that it would speak volumes to you :).
Also Trent, what is it your looking to buy, you've been hanging in the TP a good amount. Huskys seem to be your thing :yes:.
So no price range.
I feel it does make it hard when folks don't give a range especially if you haven't dealt with them or seen what they are willing to pay or sell things for.
He said he would be interested in the 272xp in my ad and my price was listed in the ad and he never said it was to high, but that he would be glad if it were available, so to me that is a pretty good indicator of what someone would be willing to pay for a nice one and also the type of condition in comparison to what he'd be willing to pay. So if yours looks like that one then there's a good chance he'll give you that much for it if the shipping is the same as from here, if it is in lesser condition then my guess is he won't pay that much for it. Just speculation though.

I didnt believe asking what the buyers budget was to be an issue. He stated reasonable sum. Trying to see what that means. Apparently some on here must have pics saved to their computer for all their saws. Some like me need to go to a storage locker. Then take pics and run the saw to make sure it still works great. Not a 2 minute ordeal. Then to find out we are not even close on a price. This is working smarter not harder.

Ok. If it'll help someone else..I'd give 450-500 for one in very good used condition..all oem with good plastic. I'd rather be in the 300 range and do a little work to it. I'm not a lowballer but I'm not made of $ either...I'm a housedad at a Christian children's home/ ranch that likes chainsaws, particularly 2 series Huskies, and who has an empty shelf, that's all.

sorry for my "snip" there gents- :dumb:

Chipper-

I'm always lurking around the TP..... you know how it goes, always in the market:)

I do have an original owner 298xp in the mail at the moment. So unless something reallllyyyyy grabs my fancy.... I'll continue to lurk for a bit.

To the OP- are you ruling out the 371/372 as an option?

sorry for my "snip" there gents- :dumb:

Chipper-

I'm always lurking around the TP..... you know how it goes, always in the market:)

I do have an original owner 298xp in the mail at the moment. So unless something reallllyyyyy grabs my fancy.... I'll continue to lurk for a bit.

To the OP- are you ruling out the 371/372 as an option?
No problem with me, just stating there are other ways of looking at things.
The 298 sounds fun, I almost bought one myself, but I had to resist.
There are too many that "grab my fancy" lol, I need to send a few more packing. What makes that easier is I've already sent some of my favorites down the road, right RanchDad(fill that shelf :)).

Trent- I have a 371/372 so yes sir, I'm ruling them out. I have a soft spot for the 200 series and I'm missing a 272. It's more of a want than a need. In fact, I do most of my cutting with the 372 (until recently anyway, thanks @chipper1) which is why the 272 can be a pretty one.

Trent- I have a 371/372 so yes sir, I'm ruling them out. I have a soft spot for the 200 series and I'm missing a 272. It's more of a want than a need. In fact, I do most of my cutting with the 372 (until recently anyway, thanks @chipper1) which is why the 272 can be a pretty one.

Very nice- I'm lacking a 272 myself...... someday:)

Thank you gents, the itch has been scratched and I'll have a new toy soon!

Welcome Mike.

Back