28" GB Bar DL Count

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkpoor

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Where can a guy find a DL chart for GB bars? Got a new 28" er and would be easier than trying to trial error it on the saw.
Windsor, Oregon and others you can just go to their site and look it up.

Where can a guy find a DL chart for GB bars? Got a new 28" er and would be easier than trying to trial error it on the saw.
Windsor, Oregon and others you can just go to their site and look it up.

Well, on Stihl saws, I found that 1 less drive link than recommended works best if you plan to run a 7-pin. If you are going to run an 8-pin, the specified link count is correct. Just my experience...can't imagine it is any different on husky mount bars.

I went to the Husky site and looked at their fit up chart which would give me a good starting point. That hadn't occurred to me earlier.
Its kinda tough when working off a roll to tell how many DL's you need especially on along bar. On the shorter bars I take an old chain broke apart to wrap around and figure it out. I'm somewhat of a newby to making my own chains but I know one DL off and either you can't get the chain on or it will be too long.
And also the more I make the better idea I will have of what DL count typically goes with what bar length. I already know 16" bars are either 60 or 59 but mostly 59.

I already know 16" bars are either 60 or 59 but mostly 59.

Thoroughly gripes my bottom....those 59dl husky bars. I choose not to run them for that reason....

The 346 with a protop bar takes 59 DL, but you take the same bar and put on a 5100, you need a 60 DL......

Off coarse, if you machine a drum to take a 8T 3/8 rim, the 346 then takes a 60 DL chain......

Back