288 price?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowboy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Buddy at work is wanting to sell his Husky 288 with 24 inch bar. Any opinions on a fair price for both of us?. He has 4 old dual trigger Homie XL2s as well which I need like a hole in the head but for some reason really really want

The guy I worked with at a Stihl dealership for years was a collector of those dual-trigger Homelites as well. He didn't normally collect anything but had some weird fascination with those little Homies.

The price on the 288 depends highly on the condition. If it's near mint and looks really good exterior-wise, you could be talking around $400-450. If it's been beat and looks like a real dog, maybe $175.

I haven't seen it yet, probably swing by there tomorrow, he said its in pretty good shape but now that I think of it that could mean just about anything. I'll post pics when I get some. Thanks.

I bought mine from a fellow ASer for $175 so with shipping I've got about $220 in it, it's not real pretty cosmetically (yet) but everything works and it runs like a top.

These guys are giving good estimates, IMHO. A non running complete parts saw will bring $100. A well used good runner maybe $200-$350.

Latest posts

Back