3/4 wrap handle for MS460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red87chevy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone know of any manufacturers that sell the 3/4 wrap handles? I really wanted to get the one that Madsens has in there catalog, but i was told they would put me on the list about a month ago and they were backordered for 2 months prior to that. The stihl one is almost double the price, i just wanted to see if anyone had good luck with any other brands before i buy the Stihl one.
Thanks

yelp

check fle bay or baileys one of the AS sponsors . i might have so other sourcs need to check.

:jawdrop:

man i need alittle bender and get my welder set up with aluminum wire i could build 044-660 and 372 3/4 wraps

you guys want some solid steel bars, i could wip those out real quick?

its much easier said then done. i still havent finished building my 3/4 wrap 372 bar i started awhile ago

Yep, called Madsens yesterday....no word on when they are coming in. :(

You have to get on the backorder list. That's what I did, 1 month later they called and said "we have your handlebar." The guy that makes them is a 1 man show working out of his garage I've heard. Super happy so far with the USA Made 3/4 wrap on my old beater 044.

I guess I got real lucky when I order one for my 440 last year. I had it in a few days. No mention of a waiting list. I do like the handle a lot.

807312820_DPcik-L.jpg

there was 3/4 wrap on ebay last night for the 046. there was also one for a 066 both oem bars

you guys want some solid steel bars, i could wip those out real quick?

its much easier said then done. i still havent finished building my 3/4 wrap 372 bar i started awhile ago
I was going to ask the other day how the progress was going.

Brad, you need to rub some dirt on that 440. :jawdrop: sure is perty though.

hey brad did you buy a new handle, ive seen that same pic but the handle was pretty yellow looking, ohhhhhhhh that must be the new 440. i seeeeeee

I guess I got real lucky when I order one for my 440 last year. I had it in a few days. No mention of a waiting list. I do like the handle a lot.

807312820_DPcik-L.jpg

That is a sweet saw man!!! I will get a picture of my 460 up once i get my 3/4 wrap on it. I may be working out a deal where i make a 3/4 wrap with my buddy at his machine shop and will post it if any interest arises. I'm not very patient with waiting and am one of the most picky fabricaters, so both of those go in my favor!

Back