3 Broken Fordom 55's = 1 Good Excuse To Buy a CC Handpiece

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srcarr52

We can't stop here, this is bat country.
Reaction score
Last night in the garage I was starting the porting on my 371xp that I am trying to get done before the Iowa GTG when disaster struck.

Within the first minute of cutting on the upper transfers I snagged the cutter and snapped the drive knuckle joint inside my Foredom 55A handpiece.

I though... no big deal, I have a spare for this reason. I've already previously worn one out and they often get really hot when working so two working ones is a good number. Pull the spare newly acquired of eBay handpiece and I get about 30 seconds before... SNAP! This time the head shaft locked up and then broke the knuckle joint.

Now I sit there at my bench with three carcasses of handpieces and I can't even salvage one out of them. Nothing I can do beside put my tail between my legs and retreat to the house for the night.

Needless to say since time is an issue I called CC Specialties today and placed an order for the 182-A handpiece. I had been wanting one for a while but with money invested in Foredom 55 handpieces and tooling I was reluctant. Hopefully this one will be able to take the abuse.

Can't wait for Monday to come so I can finish this saw.

Will the cc fit the foredom flex shaft to use with the foredom motor?

Yes. All of there handpieces are designed to fit the foredom motors. Really they sell a NSK handpiece with an adapter to fit the foredom quick change shaft.

Ok thanks. I was looking at getting a foredom here soon. I think I might just grab the foredom and the cc right angle piece. I don't really want to spend the extra for the whole cc kit. I think the foredom and straight piece and the cc angle piece will be a little over $400.

I have an SR (with the reverse). It's great. Now I'm thinking of getting a second one so I dont have to change bits and I can just pick up the other whip. I think an older C motor or whatever I can find used would be good enough for that.

Latest posts

Back