30 ton Crane vs. Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool video. Made quick work of that. Couldn't figure out if those were really rounds in front of the tree you were working on. Depth of field was all screwy making them look huge!

Didn't look like there was really a reason to use a crane on that tree. I won't say how I would have dine it cause I don't want to tell you what to do. Why not just use your double directional notch?

Didn't look like there was really a reason to use a crane on that tree. I won't say how I would have dine it cause I don't want to tell you what to do. Why not just use your double directional notch?

Rent a 90' lift?

Most likely i would have backed the bucket truck up to the tree and chunked it down.

HAHAHA, I like that! We had that tree at the dump in 2 hours. $260 in crane bills AND we loaded all the wood from the job yesterday. You and your bucket truck would still be loading rounds into the back of a dump trailer while my company is cashing the $4000 check for 2 days work with men.

Thanks for the armchair QBing though its pretty refreshing.. BTW how much would the 20' JapMaple you ran over with your bucket truck have cost you to replace?

HAHAHA, I like that! We had that tree at the dump in 2 hours. $260 in crane bills AND we loaded all the wood from the job yesterday. You and your bucket truck would still be loading rounds into the back of a dump trailer while my company is cashing the $4000 check for 2 days work with men.

Thanks for the armchair QBing though its pretty refreshing.. BTW how much would the 20' JapMaple you ran over with your bucket truck have cost you to replace?

Bet it wont have took me any longer then you to do. Wont have ran over the jap maple, cause i can drive!

Thought you werent gonna comment anymore?

Yeah everyone believes that you and a bucket truck would have loaded these logs faster than a 30 ton crane. You are totally right. I am so dumb for using the crane that the company provided. What was I thinking?? I should have just cut it all up and hand loaded it all... Its obvious that rigging it out was the way to go.

Its also impressive that your driving skills include moving through solid objects.

Thanks again for the feedback from everyone.

For me its all about getting it done the fastest whether its a crane,bucket,or climbing. Really who wants to do more work than necessary?

For me its all about getting it done the fastest whether its a crane,bucket,or climbing. Really who wants to do more work than necessary?

2treeornot2tree does. He obviously has a problem with me sharing a video of my work and can tell from a single frame shot how poorly planned the job was.

I definitely should not have done it the easy way, no way jose.

Wait a minute I don't care how people do it but who is renting a crane for 260$. if I could get one for that I wouldn't have a need to own anything like it. I would have had a grand in that crane at least 800.00. We get 350.00 minimum for air conditioners, and we get #####ed at for doing it for that price.

and the arborists ##### about low-balling scrapers etc. unbelieveable!

Really? That sounds similar to rates in my area. That 28 ton I always work with charges $95 an hour, and that 40 ton truck crane I've used runs $140 an hour, I think, havent used it in a year or so though.

Latest posts

Back