30 ton Crane vs. Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? That sounds similar to rates in my area. That 28 ton I always work with charges $95 an hour, and that 40 ton truck crane I've used runs $140 an hour, I think, havent used it in a year or so though.

rates reflect the economy of the area. not tremendous differences on the east coast. 10-20$ per hr variable no big deal. the major differences are minimum charges. don't know of anyone in ct. charging 2hr mins. for anything but small bt or kb. when you factor in travel time not much is done in 2hr. total.

rates reflect the economy of the area. not tremendous differences on the east coast. 10-20$ per hr variable no big deal. the major differences are minimum charges. don't know of anyone in ct. charging 2hr mins. for anything but small bt or kb. when you factor in travel time not much is done in 2hr. total.

I think there is a 3 hour minimum on the 40 ton here. I've never had a bill less than $700 from that crane.

Nice quick work there Bonner. I guess I missed some jucy stuff earlier in the thread.
A 40 ton here is $175/ with a 4 hr min port to port. That usually gives 3 solid hrs working time.

What concerns me most is the tree went to the dump. I am a firewood guy and would love to find a tree company willing to dump logs for free.

I gave the logs to a friend. He burns to heat the warehouse in the background. I built quite the pile there this year.

a9uvagyj.jpg

5e4yqana.jpg

y6e3yneh.jpg

That's not a very leaning tree to my standard, plus it looks very structurally sound and it's quite some distance from the house. It would never occur to me even to think about crane. But, if I have one or have access to one for cheap, yeah. That's to say that I have jobs piled up. If not, I take my time to enjoy it.

looks like a 4k forklift should be no problem.

Those logs were nothing for that forklift... It looks like a piece of junk close up, and takes some effort to get/keep running but when she is running she is lifting! I have seen it lift some way big stuff!

He said it is a 5k.

Latest posts

Back