325 063 Bar for Stihl 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone even bother to cut tail sections down anymore and extend the bar mount slot 1/4"?
For the use case I listed in this thread I didn’t need to modify the bar at all. Had I already had a bar that would’ve been a little too long it would have had a date with the Bridgeport and would have been made to fit.

For the use case I listed in this thread I didn’t need to modify the bar at all. Had I already had a bar that would’ve been a little too long it would have had a date with the Bridgeport and would have been made to fit.
Show me the cutters once your done with the Bridgeport, please. You're better off with a file or grinder. It's faster and doesn't smoke the tooling. Cannon bars are even harder material. Never had much luck machine bars unless we used diamond tooling. Even then it burnished the metal more then cutting it. Carbide tends to chip and crack cutting the good ones.

I'm switching to large spline drives on anything that can be updated to run a 9 pin or 8 325. The 1125s can be updated but I still need to make a new tail section on 3/8lp bars to run on the 3003 mounts if it gets swapped to an even lighter weight climbing setup. Currently I'm using an 18lw 325 063 TSU setup for 9 pin or 8. 18 lp is being considered. Chain stretch is the main concern with a climbing saw. Have to mount and test one to know for sure.

Show me the cutters once your done with the Bridgeport, please. You're better off with a file or grinder. It's faster and doesn't smoke the tooling. Cannon bars are even harder material. Never had much luck machine bars unless we used diamond tooling. Even then it burnished the metal more then cutting it. Carbide tends to chip and crack cutting the good ones.

I'm switching to large spline drives on anything that can be updated to run a 9 pin or 8 325. The 1125s can be updated but I still need to make a new tail section on 3/8lp bars to run on the 3003 mounts if it gets swapped to an even lighter weight climbing setup. Currently I'm using an 18lw 325 063 TSU setup for 9 pin or 8. 18 lp is being considered. Chain stretch is the main concern with a climbing saw. Have to mount and test one to know for sure.
Yikes didn’t realize they were that hard. I’ve machined a pile of 409 and 316 Stainless without issue with my carbides. Gotta go slow and pour the juice to it and it does fine. Any idea what the actual hardness is on these bars ?

I’d be interested in knowing where to find a large spline drive for an 026. I’ve looked and apparently my level of Google isn’t good enough lol

Oh for Pete’s sake Bill I didn’t think of it !!

Got a part number off something or ya want to send me one or a few ? I take it you send them saws out already lol
I am just joshing ya. I am not aware of anyone that has a clutch drum that takes the large diameter 7 spline rims. Now if you are wanting a higher tooth rim that will fit the small diameter drum Danzco should be able to help.

https://www.6kproducts.com/chain_saw_sprocket.html

Also yes the brown turd truck should be at your place Wednesday

I am just joshing ya. I am not aware of anyone that has a clutch drum that takes the large diameter 7 spline rims. Now if you are wanting a higher tooth rim that will fit the small diameter drum Danzco should be able to help.

https://www.6kproducts.com/chain_saw_sprocket.html

Also yes the brown turd truck should be at your place Wednesday
What's UPS ? Not much. Just broken stuff and late deliveries lol

Those guys have a TON of stuff !! Now I have visions of grandeur with a hyd saw so thanks Bill :rolleyes:

Yikes didn’t realize they were that hard. I’ve machined a pile of 409 and 316 Stainless without issue with my carbides. Gotta go slow and pour the juice to it and it does fine. Any idea what the actual hardness is on these bars ?

I’d be interested in knowing where to find a large spline drive for an 026. I’ve looked and apparently my level of Google isn’t good enough lol
Cannon is likely near 58-60 RH imho. Others should know better than I.

Don't think the large spline is available for anything under an 034. Farmboss 1127 were all small spline also. No AM drum is available to fit that tiny clutch on 026 with large splines. Cut the hub from an 1135 or 1128 drum, sleeve that and solder or braze it all back together. A nice pressed together fit will make it all much easier. You will need to narrow the hub before or after adding a sleeve to the bore. If you're able add a huge step to that sleeve for a flat face inside. Press it all back together so it runs true before bonding.

I'd buy one if you make some up.

here a picture of a real air filter setup on the 026 but ya I haven't got a working choke lever off of the master control operation yet.

I also run a rim sprocket setup on my non pro 026 took a oregon small spline drum and cut the center down on a lathe. if there was a large sprocket the right outside diameter the rest could be fixed.

Attachments

• 20230713_085043.jpg
    20230713_085043.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
here a picture of a real air filter setup on the 026 but ya I haven't got a working choke lever off of the master control operation yet.

I also run a rim sprocket setup on my non pro 026 took a oregon small spline drum and cut the center down on a lathe. if there was a large sprocket the right outside diameter the rest could be fixed.
Wait just a flippy cap minute ...... Whatcha all got going on there ?!

I have a rim sprocket setup on my non pro 026 🤷‍♂️

lol nice catch, 026 case and cylinder but ms260 tank setup. ms460 carb with v stack....there more but it's a bunch of stuff.

that's a older pic too no flippy cap on the oil tank now with the 026 case.

Latest posts

Back