3300 poulan and a couple of big locusts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knockbill

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
the 3300 poulan i got a few weeks ago got its first real test after the muffler mod,,,i started it up this morning and adjusted teh carb,, runs faster, and doesn't seem to get as hot, lots of torque in the cut.... i went over to the township yard and cut up some cherry, but didn't even get a truck load out of it, when one of the foremen told me they took down a couple trees at the park... so i took teh cherry home & went for it... i cut & stacked 3 full truckloads of 12-16" locust, teh old poulan didn't skip a beat,,,theres still a few truck loads left,, but i'm too old to get it all today!!!!!!!
just wanted to thank everyone on here for all the knowledge and advice that they shared,,, i've always been a motorhead,, but these saw engines are more fun than anything else i've worked on,,,
thanks again...

I agree that I have learned alot playing around with Poulan/Craftsman. I have pile in the garage for parts and I am putting together a 42 CC Craftsman. Parts are easy and they are relatively simple machines. It is almost so much fun, you forget how frustrating they can be
cutting with them:cry: (joking)

I was interested in your mod, it looks like it would be fun to try. I do not have the stones to hack into my Stihls. I saw your thread with a couple pictures, Was there another thread with step by step instructions......I am a little slow :monkey:

Thanks, and nice work on the Locust trees.

thanks for the reply,, if you saw the thread with the pics, that was it,,,, basiclly, all i did was cut out teh 2 little louvers on teh side of teh muffler, and make an oblong shaped outlet to replace them,, i mig welded them in from teh inside,,, i ran teh saw without drilling out teh baffle plate, and it ran a little faster, and much cooler... i've since made a new baffle plate from sheet steel, and drilled larger holes,, and re-tuned it for that,,, i don't want to go too big with it, i'm looking for a a long lasting work saw thats reliable,and i'm satisfied with the results,,,
i posted another thread of a mod i made on a smaller poulan (craftsman) saw on the DIY muffler mod sticky,, its post #322...
have fun....

thanks for the reply,, if you saw the thread with the pics, that was it,,,, basiclly, all i did was cut out teh 2 little louvers on teh side of teh muffler, and make an oblong shaped outlet to replace them,, i mig welded them in from teh inside,,, i ran teh saw without drilling out teh baffle plate, and it ran a little faster, and much cooler... i've since made a new baffle plate from sheet steel, and drilled larger holes,, and re-tuned it for that,,, i don't want to go too big with it, i'm looking for a a long lasting work saw thats reliable,and i'm satisfied with the results,,,
i posted another thread of a mod i made on a smaller poulan (craftsman) saw on the DIY muffler mod sticky,, its post #322...
have fun....

Thank you sir! I have something to try now:cheers:

Back