335cal and gold streek rope

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Today I found out a few interesting things. I was talking to a fellow climber about the 335 cal. He said you couldn't get parts for it unless you send it back out west. The only difference is it is suppose to have 45cc's and meets the 2005 California standards. Since the standards have changed with husky and sthil. Both saws could end up weeker. I was wondering what ya'll might have heard.

As ya'll know from my previous post. I'm looking to invest in a new climbing line. I'm really leaning toward the blue streek. Because of it's strong working load, and it's a great all around rope to climb on. Today I was told by a sales person. That the gold streek and the blue streek are the exact same line. I was wonderind if ya'll had heard the same.

Thank, BB

Ps: any useful feed back on the saws or the rope is welcome.

:jester:

froggy,
why don't you check out the echo 3450??????
you can pick one up at the local home depot
for 249.00 w/ a full 1 yr. commercial warranty.
while you're there, check to see if they have any
reconditioned saws........1/2 the price w/ the same
warranty!!!! 9 times out of 10 they've been returned
to the store because the customer bought it, used it
for a job or two, and returned it w/in 30 days for a cash
refund!!! believe me, i'm in the know:D
as far as the blue streak, i picked up a 120 chunk about
a month ago and i love it!!!! it's the strongest rope out
there and for the extra $$$$ it's worth the piece of mind
that you're hanging from the best!!!! imho!!!
budroe:cool:

streak

I like the Blue Streak and I got the Husky, the husky needs one modification. You have to use the Intenz bar if you don't fit it out for the other bars. There is no screw for the bar adjustment, easy enough to fix. A lot of guys say the Intenz bar does not adjust the chain tight enough to suit them, works for me.
The Blue Streak means you have to learn to do a new splice if you make your own loops. Samson has directions on how to splice the Blue Streak on their web site, you can download it.

Yep, it is exactly the same, just different color. Great rope. My Blue Streak are now handlines, so got the gold...

Bailey's sells the 335 Cali and parts, which are cheaper than anywhere else. Most parts are interchangeable. The Cali rates the same power as the normal one, but will take to modifications better, it sounds like. (But two guys think it has more power, one guy is not so sure.) I'm debating getting one. They are having a strange problem with the air filters developing a hole....Sound like the starting issue is much better, as they start right up..

I haven't been able to find the Gold Streak anywhere. I just ordered 200' of Blue Streak to make 2 new lifelines so I can use my 150' Safety Blue as a handline so I won't need it for a while. But it would be a good option for my next order. Ground guys like different rope colors, keeps them from yanking me out of the tree by my lifeline. :eek:

Latest posts

Back