335R husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A100HVA

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I got this 335r Husqvarna trimmer that's been giving me a run since 08 when I sold it new.
same customer has brought it in to me for the second time this week. it looked the same the first time he brought it in.
I separated the muffler and cut out the catalytic doughnut & remover the spark screen. and told customer I thought he was putting to much oil in gas.he buys low smoke black bottle hva oil from me,and I told him to use the latest no-lead av fuel.i'm going to split the crankcase for the second time. the muffler looks fine now,and notice the color of the spark plug. I wonder what makes this trimmer leak so much black oil???....it's got me wonder'in WTF.
got any idea's on this??INTERNET POST PIC NO.399 Large Web view.jpg INTERNET POST PIC NO.400 Large Web view.jpg

Blow by of the rings seems to be a typical factor in pumping oil out everywhere or the crank seals at least.

Too much string out and then constantly lugging it, seems to make it a bit worse also.

Blow by of the rings seems to be a typical factor in pumping oil out everywhere or the crank seals at least.

Too much string out and then constantly lugging it, seems to make it a bit worse also.

I found on teardown,the end gaps of rings were a little large, one had more gap than the other.
I agree on lugging,and to much string or too large diameter string.
con rod is borderline color,i'm going to put new crank in.
p & c looks good.
rubber seals,pipes & crank seals getting replaced also.
thanks for the help,kinda what I thought to begin with.

think the new no-lead aviation fuel would be beneficial?

Latest posts

Back