346 xpg - New Edition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None, but as you know, they just don't like to talk about new models until they are actually available.

Whether we get it or not, I'm just glad to see that Jonsered added one of the new models SOMEWHERE.

I think Husky will keep the Jonsered brand going - it is such a good brand name that they really can't dump it.....:) :cheers:

congradulations

great choice Sawtroll I'm sure you will love it.I do mine,hey if interested want to trade it for the older version :clap:

Something tells me that Witchy might "adopt" that 346XP when she is back up on her feet!:D :D :D

I wouldn't really mind - if so, I just "adopt" her 5100SH.....:laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, it will be fun to see how they compare with 3/8x7, .325x7 and .325x8 when both are broken in......

Last edited:
I think Husky will keep the Jonsered brand going - it is such a good brand name that they really can't dump it.....:) :cheers:

Not a strong brand name....

Unfortunately over here (the worlds largest market), you'll be hard pressed to find any person on the street that can tell you what product Jonsered makes... Heck, I'm in the business and I couldn't even tell you where a dealer is in a three state area. On the other hand, ask them what McCulloch or Homelight makes....

Last edited:

Unfortunately over here (the worlds largest market), you'll be hard pressed to find any person on the street that can tell you what product Jonsered makes... Heck, I'm in the business and I couldn't even tell you where a dealer is in a three state area. On the other hand, ask then what McCulloch or Homelight makes....
It is a shame what happened to those two company's:(

Last edited:

Unfortunately over here (the worlds largest market), you'll be hard pressed to find any person on the street that can tell you what product Jonsered makes... Heck, I'm in the business and I couldn't even tell you where a dealer is in a three state area. On the other hand, ask then what McCulloch or Homelight makes....

That might be the situatin over there, but atleast in scandinavia jonsered(s) is darn well known brand since most professional lumberjacks used alot of rakets in old times, same goes fos husky...

on otherhand, poulan and such are pretty much neverheard over here....

My husky dealer also sells Jonsered and claims he sell 10 Husky's for every Jonsered.

That might be the situatin over there, but atleast in scandinavia jonsered(s) is darn well known brand since most professional lumberjacks used alot of rakets in old times, same goes fos husky...

on otherhand, poulan and such are pretty much neverheard over here....

It is the same here - but the Poulans are here - mostly in Partner yellow though.......;)

In the U.S. Tilton Equipment has been the U.S. distributor for many years. They are based in NH. Jonsered is pretty strong in New England, but the further you get from Rye, NH the less prevalent they are. (like ripples in a pond)

In the U.S. Tilton Equipment has been the U.S. distributor for many years. They are based in NH. Jonsered is pretty strong in New England, but the further you get from Rye, NH the less prevalent they are. (like ripples in a pond)

They seem to have some market share here in the midwest as well (Mich, Ohio, Wisconsin). Parts of Canada as well. But I suspect their market presence in other areas is pretty weak.

Jonsered is fairly well known around here. No where near Stihl or Husky, but they do have a good following and very good dealer support. We have a Stihl/Husky/Jonsered and two Stihl/Jonsered dealers. The Stihl/Husky/Jonsered dealer is the best dealer in the area, especially for service! :)

Niko have you tested the new one with 3/8 yet ???
I'm thinking of buying the pis/cyl and swap on my "old" one that way I can sell my 357xpg and buy something else maybe a 390xpg or a 339xp :D

Unfortunately over here (the worlds largest market), you'll be hard pressed to find any person on the street that can tell you what product Jonsered makes... Heck, I'm in the business and I couldn't even tell you where a dealer is in a three state area. On the other hand, ask them what McCulloch or Homelight makes....

I count 37 Jonsered dealers in Washington and thats just the ones listed on the internet.

They must all be hiding behind chinese laundry's out here then! :monkey: but... it's a big state...

Sure there some dealers, but my point is that they have zero name recognition and it will never get better unless the name is promoted though advertising. I'm in Oregon right now, and in the last two days have driven 500 miles in logging county, and never once saw any sign that said "jonny sold here". Plently of "Stihl" and some "Husky".... I'll keep looking on my way home tomorrow... if the wife lets me ;)

Last edited:
Niko have you tested the new one with 3/8 yet ???
I'm thinking of buying the pis/cyl and swap on my "old" one that way I can sell my 357xpg and buy something else maybe a 390xpg or a 339xp :D

Not yet, but I ran it a few hours with 16" bar and 21LP chain on friday - and it sure did better than with the 95VP, "loading" the saw a bit more.

I want some more time on it, before putting a larger sprocket on - I think.....

...and swapping sprockets "for just a few cuts" is not as easy as on the saws with inboard clutch....

Last edited:
They must all be hiding behind chinese laundry's out here then! :monkey: but... it's a big state...

Sure there some dealers, but my point is that they have zero name recognition and it will never get better unless the name is promoted though advertising. I'm in Oregon right now, and in the last two days have driven 500 miles in logging county, and never once saw any sign that said "jonny sold here". Plently of "Stihl" and some "Husky".... I'll keep looking on my way home tomorrow... if the wife lets me ;)

Gotta hand it to ya Andy,,,,At least You have your priorities straight!!!!! :laugh: :cheers: :givebeer:

Latest posts

Back